Firebase Dreadnought

rusty1109

Hi all,

Heres a dread I converted recently, it's going to be the one fully shooty dread in my MOTF list. I got the idea from the broadside 'diggind in' animation from DOW 1.

He's been left pretty clean with no damage etc as he'd normally be sat out of harms way.

This layout should give a nice stable firing platform, what do we all think?

gallery_44139_3380_2510657.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_1792036.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_1467909.jpg

Cheers,

Rusty

PS

Running in the configuration shown above this guy 'ate' three tyranid warrior squads on the trot a few games ago!

Hi all,

'Very carefully' was how I had it walking in my head! But I like magicmans better!

I'm not a fan of the rifleman dread TBH, he's going to run with the standard ML + TLLC when theres armour around or ML + PC when heavy infantry are the order of the day!

I'm going to model some kind of 'laser sight' arm for the left hand side, that'll make the launchers on top more than just for looks!

Can someone who plays in tournaments tell me if he'd be legal for tournament games or not?

Cheers all,

Rusty

If he is fitted with legal weapons then there should be no problem at all - this is just a conversion. He's still the same height as an average Dread (heck, a little taller), he just has a big caboose :( Thus, he is a bigger target. If I were your opponent I'd ask what weapons he has then let you roll with it ;)

If he is fitted with legal weapons then there should be no problem at all - this is just a conversion. He's still the same height as an average Dread (heck, a little taller), he just has a big caboose ;) Thus, he is a bigger target. If I were your opponent I'd ask what weapons he has then let you roll with it :D

Except he still has a DCCW, which you would normally give up for the missile launcher.

Yeah, that' the rub... Dread's get two "main weapons"... you have 3. Nice looking model though.

You could make it an Iron clad and count the top racks as either assault launchers or HK missiles... don't remember what the gun options for Iron Clads are at the moment though...

Archived