Drop Pod Contesting Objectives

Morollan

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question but the search function won't allow me to search for drop pod (as pod isn't 4+ letters).

We had a situation the other day when a Drop Pod arrived next to an objective. I killed all the models inside but didn't have time to destroy the pod itself as the game ended that turn. Did the empty, immobile drop pod count as contesting the objective? I suspect it did but just wanted to confirm.

is it a non destroyed/wrecked vehicle?

anything in your or your opponents army can contest the objective as long as its not terrain (ie a vehicle that has been wrecked or destroyed)

Only certain units can take an objective though

Thanks for clearing that up. As I said, I suspected it was right but just wanted to confirm. Struck me as a bit odd that what is essentially a heap of scrap metal could stop me claiming the objective but them's the rules.

One of my buddies and I will sometimes use a house rule, particularly for Planetstrike games, that states that a pod can only contest if its storm bolter/missile launcher is still working. Once that weapon is destroyed, the thing is terrain as far as we are concerned.

One of my buddies and I will sometimes use a house rule, particularly for Planetstrike games, that states that a pod can only contest if its storm bolter/missile launcher is still working. Once that weapon is destroyed, the thing is terrain as far as we are concerned.

House rules like this aren't uncommon because people get frustrated with otherwise completely helpless/useless vehicles (ones which are Immobilised and have no fireable weapons remaining, but are not Destroyed) don't count as Kill Points and still Contest Objectives. While I agree it can be annoying, insofar as the OR board is concerned narf is spot on: it certainly can contest a point if it's in range of it.

Archived