An Army in Black

After reading the new codex when it first came out all I could see was an army of DC. Finally, after work taking me to far flung places to try and keep the peace in the 'real world', my plan has swung into action. The 1500 point list will be as follows;

Astorath the Grim 220

3x 8-man squads of DC each with a power fist (One squad will have bolters)

1x DC Dreadnought

3x Stormraven Gunships (All plasma and melta)

Progress so far......

Dreadnought

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/lynx420_2006/th_20110225_7.jpg

First squad

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/lynx420_2006/th_20110225_6.jpg

DC is what attracted me to BA way back in 3rd Edition. My ALL-DC list looks similar except I have one of every transport dedicated to my DC (Drop Pod, Rhino, LRR and Stormraven), plus Astorath, Psycho, Lemartes, Chaplain, 3x8 DC (PS, PF, TH, Pp), 2x DC Dreads and 2 Baal Preds (red 'cause they go fasta!!!)

I play all DC in apocalypse, but have no idea how your army would fare at that point level.

However, it does look like a lot of fun to play and relatively quickly to get on the table.

This is definitely part of the reasoning behind the initial list I've drawn up. The guys in my local area are now expanding standard games from 1500 to 2K so I think it gives a nice foundation to build on.

Black Gunships?

Everything black my friend, everything. In the future I might build a similar sized Sang Guard list and join them together for some black and gold love but for now it's just La Muerte Negro.

It seems fun, but if you don't table him by the end of the game, your probably going to be drawing a lot.

Eh? So? Winning the game isn't always important. I've had games where I have crushed my opponent and it was absolutely no fun what so ever...and I have had games where I've been tabled but it was the funnest game I've ever played. Sometimes the battle is far more important then the end result.

I'm a huge fan of the DC army, so far I've only proxied it in a few games, at some point I intend to finish this one off!

And I love yer painting! Great work!

It seems fun, but if you don't table him by the end of the game, your probably going to be drawing a lot.

Eh? So? Winning the game isn't always important. I've had games where I have crushed my opponent and it was absolutely no fun what so ever...and I have had games where I've been tabled but it was the funnest game I've ever played. Sometimes the battle is far more important then the end result.

I'm a huge fan of the DC army, so far I've only proxied it in a few games, at some point I intend to finish this one off!

And I love yer painting! Great work!

Hey, never said it wasn't fun, just not very tactically flexible.

I have plans that involve 3 SRs with assault cannons, multimeltas, extra armor, and hurricane bolters. Three Death Company Dreadnaughts, Astorath the Grim, two ten man DC units with a thunder hammer and power weapon, bolters all around, and a 5 man DC with jump packs that will ride around with Astorath. I figure it will come down to what happens their first round of shooting against them after the deep strike. Either total win for me, or me getting totally crushed. Either way it should be a ton of fun. Obviously its not meant to be a competative list, just fun.

• 5 months later...

@Taranis, thanks for the welcome back. Navy business actually, chasing pirates. There won't be any red ones to look forward to unfortunately, I like to give off the vibe that there are specific assets available for when sane marines go loco.

@Xenith, Lemmy will get his place in there eventually. As games in my local area seem to be expanding to 2k as standard this 1.5k is the bedrock. Two more dreads and Lemmy to come in due course my friend ;)

Without further ado, here is a pic of the second Stormraven.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/lynx420_2006/th_IMG_0388.jpg

Two's company, three is going to be a party :)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/lynx420_2006/th_IMG_0386.jpg

Y'know, there was a 3rd Edition Chapter Approved list for a full Death Company army designed to simulate the obliteration of Tycho and the 3rd Company at Tempestora Hive. The fluff actually went into Tycho's visions at his death, and he was able to play out the Horus Heresy very different from how it really happened, whacking Horus (it was a 'huge warboss' or something, hinted that it might be Gazza) and all that.

Y'know, there was a 3rd Edition Chapter Approved list for a full Death Company army designed to simulate the obliteration of Tycho and the 3rd Company at Tempestora Hive. The fluff actually went into Tycho's visions at his death, and he was able to play out the Horus Heresy very different from how it really happened, whacking Horus (it was a 'huge warboss' or something, hinted that it might be Gazza) and all that.

Its the 2001 Chapter Approved: Second Astronomican

It also has SoB and the Armoured Company

Archived