Brother Terai of The Lamenters

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0701.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0700.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0699.jpg

Brother Terai is somewhat of an enigma to the command structure of the Lamenters Chapter. Having returned from his service in the Deathwatch scant months before the Badab War, and hailed as a hero, Terai returned with a deeply changed personality as well as Mk14 jetbike; one the last few working examples of one in the Imperium of Man; gifted from a brother of the Deathwatch hailing from the Blood Ravens after saving him from a swarm of voracious Tyranids. How the Blood Ravens came across such a relic, and were willing to part ways with it, is very much unknown. However, Chapter Master Phoros was loathe to separate the warrior from his gift and leadership role, and as such, allowed the brother his own form of command. Though he is not a Captain and not attached to any Company, Terai falls just shy under the rank of a Captain, and is allowed to attach to any Strike Force or Company he is requested of; essentially being a floating and fluid resource. Utilizing his much vaunted experience as a member of the Deathwatch and closely working with the Inquisition, the battle brother has a firm grasp and understanding of the theatre of war, as well as the many political facets of the Imperium. In many scenarios, Terai has been the voice of reason and a negotiator of sorts. But this is a secondary function, as the battle brother is seen more often than not leading from the front, holding the line the where it may falter, and driving the foe back atop his relic of the Horus Heresy. There is something to be said about the warrior’s personality though. Terai knows much about the forbidden lore and technology of countless Xeno races; from the Hrud Archives to the Eldar Wraithships, his knowledge is vast and dark. Yet, he also holds a deep loathing and disgust for the Astral Claws; who are now Red Corsairs. When asked, Terai mentions that he always found Huron’s nature both deceitful and malcontent, and that the Astral Claws were but leashed dogs of his. Whenever the Lamenters encounter, or even hear news of the Red Corsairs being nearby, Terai is always at the fore, his fervor magnified tenfold, his grip on his chained power sword tightened to the extreme. There is even word in the pirating forces of the Corsairs that there is a knight warrior of the Lamenters who will not rest until every single Red Corsairs is dead, cleaved or spitted by his blade.

Game-wise/Rules-wise, he uses the rules of a Blood Angel Epistolary on a Bike, with a Storm Bolter, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs and “casts” Wings of Sanguinius” every turn to make the bike a Jetbike. as well as Might of Heroes to increase his attacks by D3 whenever I play against Red Corsairs or whenever I feel particularly slighted. He’ll never use the “Force Weapons” Instant Death ability, nor will he ever use any other “psychic powers” since he’s supposed to be a rule of cool model, not an actual Librarian. :D that noise.

Also, anything else I should add or change on the model before I prime him and paint him up?

-Matt :teehee:

Good call on the book!!

;)

Yeah, definitely looks loads better without it. :)

I also skimmed through your thread with your own jetbikes, and had to smile a little bit. Good to know there are more yellow jetbikers out there. And I've already had a few friends make quips about both of ours too, calling 'em "Banana Bikers". :)

Archived