Emperor's Champion Table Top.

Turned into another finished mini... I only started this mini because I wanted to make an honest attempt at a Power/Crystalline style sword and I am pretty happy with the turn out, so happy I decided the champion deserved a complete paint job in honor of his "Black Sword". This is a record for me getting two character mini's done in a week as I said before... I'm lazy as hell lol.

http://i55.tinypic.com/iqjxn4.jpg

Comments always welcome.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2whf254.jpg

Not sure what happened to all of the blue tints that were in the black armor but apparently my terrible lighting set up washed them out. Oh and in before someone comments on the hand guard on the sword being blue... I completely agree I should have painted it gold.

I really like the sword. Did you airbrush it or blend. The rest of the model i dont feel is painted up to the same standard though espically the black armour i would like it alot more if there were multiple layers leading up to the highlight that would inprove the model. But still really nice

Ed

I really like the sword. Did you airbrush it or blend. The rest of the model i dont feel is painted up to the same standard though espically the black armour i would like it alot more if there were multiple layers leading up to the highlight that would inprove the model. But still really nice

Ed

I completely agree with you in this picture the armor looks quite lack luster. I am not sure if it's my camera or the lighting I was using but if I could show you the miniature in person you can easily see the subtle blue highlighting on the armor. And honestly I didn't take much time on the armor, I actually plan on giving this mini to a friend and redoing it. The sword is actually a combination of both an airbrush and a paintbrush. I'm kind of new to using an airbrush on 28mm scale so it's hard to get great blending without the assistance of a paintbrush.

I appreciate all of the comments guys hopefully soon I can post some more things I've been working on.

Any chance you can do a tutorial for the sword? I just finished painting a Deathwing Sergeant, and can't figure out a nice looking way to do his sword. This seems like the way.

Also, was the OSL in the hand/hilt done with airbrush?

Any chance you can do a tutorial for the sword? I just finished painting a Deathwing Sergeant, and can't figure out a nice looking way to do his sword. This seems like the way.

It'll probably be a week or two before I can do a tutorial but I will see if I can try on my next champion.

"Also, was the OSL in the hand/hilt done with airbrush?"

Yes and no, some of it is overspray, most of it is paint.

Archived