How to write a 2000 point list

sponsra

I have alwasy only played 1750 point games, but I guess it´s now time to write a 2K list. But i guess it´s not just matter of adding more, but the whole tactic is different with 2000 points. Or is it? What are the main tactical differencies between 1750 and 2000 point lists?

I have alwasy only played 1750 point games, but I guess it´s now time to write a 2K list. But i guess it´s not just matter of adding more, but the whole tactic is different with 2000 points. Or is it? What are the main tactical differencies between 1750 and 2000 point lists?

More stuff... if you use the same board then it is more cramped which could be a pro or con depending on how you role. If you have a good 1750 list then tweaking units + adding new ones should be all you need to do. Your 1750 list should be able to deal with everything... 2,000pts is just a matter of dealing with more of everything!

I'd recommend 3-4 tactical squads, and mount most of them in Rhinos. From there, you've got your tough-as-nail scoring units...take some fun stuff. Think of what you need. Tac squads are reasonable anti-infantry (rapid fire is awesome) but you'll need anti-transport (Devs with MLs, rifleman dreadnoughts, the like), counter-charge (an assault squad, a MM dreadnought...the latter is nice against heavy armor at "knife fight" range as well), big guns (vindicators are always nice)...you can fit a lot in a 2k point list.

My 1750 list contains the following:

2 10-man tactical squads with transports

1 10-man assaultsquad accompanied by a captain with relic blade

2 dreads one anti tank and one cc

2 preds one lasturret + heavy bolters, on autocanoon+lassponsons

1 10-man devastatorsquad very antitank

1 small 5-man scout squad

It´s a pretty shooty list because I mostly play my friends black templars and I don´t really want to get into cc with them, even som my assault squad can deliver in cc as well supported by my captain.

Can I continue this idea into 2000 points or do I need to make my list more divers -adding more har hitting cc units? Exactly how crappy are assault termis without transport? Is that an idea? Or maybe beef up the fast attack and throw in a speeder+some more tacticals for objectives?

If you're just looking to expand on your list, you've got 250 more points to spend. I'd dump those into another tactical squad, then redistribute the change to the other units how you see fit. I recommend power fists :D

Archived