Ultramarines Dreadnought

For the helmet, the aquilla, and the Ultramarines symbols, I simply painted them with Fortress Grey, then with Skull White. The Fortress Grey basecoat is most obvious on the aquilla.

For things like the purity seals and other pieces of parchment, I started with Besital Brown, then highlighted with Bleached Bone. After that, I did a final highlight of Skull White. Then, I made little markings on them with a fine black archival pen. All parchment is done like that as a rule across the army.

Is that helpful?

I'm inclined to agree. While it's not bad by any margin, it doesn't seem to fit with the style you've established in the infantry. The broad, sweeping comic-styled highlights only seem to be present on the gray pipes of the power plant, while the rest is traditional hardlining highlights. Although some of the larger flat surfaces may look kinda strange using the other method, all those curves (shins, head, gun barrells and ammo, torso, etc) should probably balance it out.

I wonder how he drinks his coffee...

Nice model, very crisp lines!

With a great deal of difficulty I imagine, given how all his face save the forehead are hidden behind that collar. Forgeworld really screwed up with the design that day...

Archived