Crimson Fists Finished!

Tzetrik

Fantastic work! Excellent technique! I tip my hat off to you sir and second the request for the blue recipe.

That level of contrast would look rockin on cloth/generally curvy surfaces (eldar armor, horrors, etc).

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments - I wasn't expecting such positive feedback!

A quick breakdown of how I do the blue armor for IanV and jpwyrm:

Start with a basecoat of Regal Blue & Fenris Grey (2:1),

Badab black the whole model (ive usually painted boltgun metal too before this),

Lightly layer the basecoat mix over the armour leaving the shade in the recesses,

Highlight edges with ice blue, then Space Wolves Grey,

Then wash all the armour with Asurman Blue to deepen the blue and knock back the highlights,

Blend shadow grey into the armour edges on the key armour plates,

Re-highlight edges withe ice blue and space wolves grey.

If anyone's interested in some of my other past work, here's a link to my last SM army

Thanks again,

Ed

Very impressive. Very, very impressive. Nice to see a finished army painted to such a high quality. Let us know how they do on the table top :)

Oddly enough doing my own DIY codex chapter using lots of GW/FW Fists iconography and FW ealier marks of armour. Anyway, this has inspired me again, back to building and base coating.

Very impressive. Very, very impressive. Nice to see a finished army painted to such a high quality. Let us know how they do on the table top :P

Oddly enough doing my own DIY codex chapter using lots of GW/FW Fists iconography and FW ealier marks of armour. Anyway, this has inspired me again, back to building and base coating.

Cheers dude! It was also the FW armour marks that perked my interest back when I started this. They're great parts - really helped make certain models stand out. Good luck with your chapter!

Well, well. It's not that often that you see such a beatifully painted army, and the colourscheme is really gorgeous. :D

Seriously, the shade of blue is perfect for Crimson Fists. It is deep, yet at the same time it appears that the sun breaks on the surface and the edges. Great work.

Yeah, I'm probably stealing that scheme for my librarian, which I'm unsatisfied with. If you don't mind. :D :P

Snorri

I like the Heavy flamer conversions the best

They're much fun to convert! Plus two heavy flamers firing out a rhino zooming around is an awesome image.

How d'you convert them? Also, did you buy only one Terminator Squad for both heavy flamers or d'you only get one per box?

Ludovic

I like the Heavy flamer conversions the best

They're much fun to convert! Plus two heavy flamers firing out a rhino zooming around is an awesome image.

How d'you convert them? Also, did you buy only one Terminator Squad for both heavy flamers or d'you only get one per box?

Ludovic

you only get one per "regular" terminator box

You get one per unit of terminators, I had an extra one spare in my bits box tho. They're easy enough to fit to tac marines, just snip the Terminator shoulder off and it fits nicely underneath a PA one. Might need a little filler for the cabling depending on where you angle it.

You get one per unit of terminators, I had an extra one spare in my bits box tho. They're easy enough to fit to tac marines, just snip the Terminator shoulder off and it fits nicely underneath a PA one. Might need a little filler for the cabling depending on where you angle it.

Ok, thanks :angry: And which arm did you use for the left arm of the heavy flamer Marine?

Ludovic

AWESOME!!!!!!!

pepole had allready asked abaout the blue parts but how did you paint the red parts?

I believe it's Mechrite Red, followed by a first highlight of Blazing Orange, followed by a second highlight of Skull White on the highest/most exposed edges. Then it's all covered with a nice wash of Baal Red. :)

Ludovic

Ok, thanks :P And which arm did you use for the left arm of the heavy flamer Marine?

Ludovic

I second this. Outstanding painting by the way.

Archived