Obliterate it all

rottenlad

Well after the motivation train left me at the station this summer. I'm finally back with some new pics of what I've been obsessing over for the past couple of weeks. Obliterators. Love them hate or hate them they are still point for point one of the best heavy choices in the current chaos book. However this leave some of us with one glaring problem. The official GW model is not the worst looking but it is defiantly cost prohibitive for running a list with more than a few. To this end i looked through the whole line of models and settled on the Oger kingdom bull. To me terminator based oblits (although I have seen many people pull off awesome conversions) they were never big enough. So with the kit in hand and some furious bits trading I set to cutting and sculpting green stuff. Here are some pics before primer.

gallery_47479_5852_1678827.jpg

gallery_47479_5852_811914.jpg

gallery_47479_5852_3952380.jpg

Please check out the album questions comments welcome.

Thanx for the comments working on them did a bit of re working on the head tonight.

gallery_47479_5852_1728136.jpg

This pic is before the work tonight but gives a better perspective on head size. Tonight i removed the skull on the shoulders and cut down some of the back tubing more pics soon i got them 50% primed. So I hope to get painting this week if I can stop playing the new dawn of war.

gallery_47479_5852_7247.jpg

That is the finished land raider i was supposed to have done last year for the call of chaos. might have better luck this year. Oh and when did we get a memo on the corecct anatomy of an oblit ;) Nhim? :)

More pictures next week. Till then Keeep rotting.

• 2 weeks later...

Are those skaven banners on the front of the land raider?

I do agree with averykess about them being misplaced on this fully alive monster of a tank. Maybe having some tentacles or something coming out of the cloth would make it fit better with the rest of the piece.

Well thanks so much for all the kind words. The symbols on the banners are taken from the dark language in I believe the Slaves to the darkness book. So if i did it any justice it proclaims the landraider as a chaos lords transport who has earned a palanquin. So here are some side shots.

gallery_47479_5852_1815931.jpg

thats the back

gallery_47479_5852_5047627.jpg

one side

gallery_47479_5852_4069803.jpg

the other the banner reads "all shall rot" same reference text

gallery_47479_5852_4210658.jpg

well thats all for now got some paint on the first oblit tonight so hopefully new picts next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived