Tyrant's Legion

Last weekend, I decided to start a Tyrant's Legion army. The main reasons pushing this project are Retaliators and Corpse Takers (and the general mixed armour look). I expect to have full squads built and painted by end of week, until then here is my test piece (a Retaliator) minus the shoulder insignias, I will be adding the insignias and weathering all at once, when the rest of the squad is finished.

IMG_0327.JPG

Looking forward to sharing the army as it grows, it has been a while since I have had a full army and I really want to have at least 1500pts built up and painted.

Thanks for the kind comments :HQ:

Lots of bits I was waiting arrived this morning, so I was able to build up the rest of 1st Cohort and the Retaliators:

IMG_0353.JPG

With the colour scheme all worked out, it should not take me too long to get this group painted, which means I need to start thinking about what I want to add next.

IMG_0356.JPG

The mixed armour seems to be working out visually so I will continue the trend, I really love the way my Retaliators are turning out, they just suitably brutal.

As much as I want to do some armoured units I may stick to fleshing out the troops a bit more, perhaps a second Cohort or maybe Rhino transports.

Thanks for looking.

The Cohort is well under way now, despite losing time to army list writing, I now have a second squad fully built and ready for priming this afternoon. Parts for Carnac Commodus are on the way and I hope to get the minor conversion built for next week as I am away this weekend.

IMG_0368.JPG

This is the final colours for "line troops", I am sticking to silver rim and blue shoulders for basic Marines, while using gold rim for veterans and officers. The basic line troops will have Tyrant's Claw insignias while, vets and officers will have a combination of the Tyrants Claw and Astral Claws heraldry.

I am expecting my first piece of armour today, in the form of a Medusa siege tank, unfortunately I am not sure if I will be able to show it on this blog and will have to reserve progress for my personal blog. For anyone interested in the human elements of this force, feel free to check them out over the coming weeks on my personal blog (see signature for details).

Thanks for reading.

Awesome start, I'm particularly fond of the OSL eyes on the first trooper. I haven't read IA 10 yet, but the Astral Claws look quite menacing.

In the last picture you posted the Marine in the center looks stocky and powerful, an effect I really like. What chestplate is it?

Archived