Goodbye Black Templars

I'm growing a little tired of my BT Terminator army, and I'm all crazy for Badab armies these days, so I decided to repaint the Templars.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wx3eVyJyRBY/TXYZfBZRtpI/AAAAAAAABeA/hpBx1Slet3E/s320/Novamarine-Terminators1.jpg

Hello mud-slogging Terminator. And goodbye.

Novamarine-Terminators3.jpg

This is just a base coat tester, but the Foundation Mordian Blue and Deneb Stone really covered well. It shouldn't be any trouble to get the rest of them whipped into Novamarines. Now just 25 more to go!

Blasphemy! Blasphemy I say!!! Burn Traitor!

Ok, seriously, we really do need a "Burn!" emoticon on this forum. I can't begin to count the number of times I'd have used it by now :tu:

Anyway, although the pic is super tiny, it looks like a good start. Looks like you missed some fine detail work like the eyes though.

Yeah, well, the Templars can come after me when they get a new Codex.

I've already cleaned up the helmet a little; I'd painted over the eyes because I had them blue as BTs and now they are green.

When I get a full squad done, I'll post up some nicer pics.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, well, the Templars can come after me when they get a new Codex.

They are not that bad after the errata though.

Still damn limited (one single usable HQ choice), but some of their builds are actually better than C:SM's.

They are not that bad after the errata though.

Still damn limited (one single usable HQ choice), but some of their builds are actually better than C:SM's.

True, they did get some new life after the errata, but I feel like I've pretty much played out the BTs in their current codex. I just don't have any new builds or ideas I want to try and they've been sitting on the shelf (actually on the wall, with their magnetized board) since 2008.

This gives them a new lease on life, hopefully getting some action in the WAR Games Con Narrative Badab Track.

Looks like a solid paintjob to me (traitor... :) ). The one thing which strikes me as a bit odd is the modeling and bitz choices. 3 Terminators all with exactly the same face, body, legs, and right arm. Does the chapter dabble in forbidden cloning technology? :huh:

:teehee:

I gather that they're AoBR models, but I've never actually dealt with those before. Is at least a head-swap doable?

They are fantastic looking models and I will second the statement that they are incredibly clean looking lines. You truly have masters the art of painting...even if its over the incredibly over zealous and righteous Black Templar scheme.

Could've at least gone for someone more in line with their tactics...like the Carcharodons.

As well, couldn't resist joining the righteous fervor of Firepower.

Keep on going, I can't wait to see what else you bring forth from the Maelstrom Zone

I think they look better as Novas than Templars so far. Not that there was anything wrong with your templars I just have a preference for Badab War stuff anyway. Slightly off topic question but what are you using as stands for the miniatures while they are being painted? They look like pieces of cut down dowel rod, I'm looking for something similar for my painting.

I agree, I think they look better as Novas.

Yes, it is a mix of pine and oak dowel I got at my local big box store. I have cut them into various lengths, but the best seems to be about 3"-4". I have a bunch of 4" pieces, but the 3" seems long enough-- and not too tall so that you're knocking models over on the painting table. I do have a longer length that I use to prime lots of models (just stick them on with poster tack). You can see it in action here:

dark-eldar-mandrake-12.jpg

Since then I've got those two shorter pieces in half.

The oak usually comes in 36" lengths, so you can get 12 3" pieces out of it. The pine is available in my store in 8 and 12 foot lengths, and is a lot cheaper. Just be sure you cut it straight across. Nothing is worse than a wobbly stand.

Thanks for the info on the painting stands. I think that I have a few pieces of that type of dowel in the garage. I just never thought to use it for a painting stand. I think I'll be getting out the miter saw and making a few today.

3 Terminators all with exactly the same face, body, legs, and right arm. Does the chapter dabble in forbidden cloning technology? :angry:

I gather that they're AoBR models, but I've never actually dealt with those before. Is at least a head-swap doable?

The Eldar in me says, "Meh, all Marines look the same to me". I never really noticed, but you're right, they do look like triplets. ;)

I'd originally picked the three with tabards because this unit will be the Honor Guard for my terminator Librarian. I was going to vary their skin between the three, but I think it is time to break out Mr. Dremel.

Archived