Grey Knights Project Log- Stormraven complete

marine77

I am currently working on a Stormraven as a commission job. My client wants to have a Stormraven that is fully customizable, so I am working on magnetizing all of the weapon elements to allow it to be switched out based on need. I will blog about my progress as it comes along. You can see my first steps here:

Stormraven Project Log, Post #1

Stormraven Project Log, Post #2

Stormraven Project Log, Post #3

Stormraven Project Log, Post #4

Stormraven Project Log, Post #5

Next up are the 27 or so marines that range from 2nd-4th edition 40k that I am completing for my client.

I would appreciate any comments or advice as the project develops. Thanks!

New update added. I include using an airbrush to basecoat the model. I also show pics of the interior work that I have done. In my next installment, I hope to have the model further assembled. I appreciate any comments, advice, or thoughts. Thanks!

I decided to put together some more of the stormraven last night and I am totally amazed at how well it fits together! I was able to assemble the wings and engines separately and then the whole thing fit together without a need for glue. It fits that tightly. Now, I am going to go back and actually glue it, but man, that is pretty impressive. As much as I hate to say it, GW really has their act together with these new plastic kits. Check out update #3.

Can you show the parts that you are magnetizing? I am trying to decide how to magnetize the parts to be able to use every option.

I myself am impressed with the stormraven kit. It fits together very well.

Sure thing. I will have more pics of what I have magnetized and how I did it shortly.

For now, the next bit of progress is up. The stormraven is essentially assembled and it in the mid to final stages of paint. Check it out!

Archived