The Stitched - Plague Marine Blog

ashrog

Emil Gorghast was a man of vision. He dreamed of a universe where humans need never feel pain, or fear or loneliness. He dreamed of the ultimate sense of love and community: for humans to become one with one another. His gruesome experiments produced the Stitched: massive creatures of flesh and metal with all of the strength and ferocity of a Space Marine. Gorghast created each one with loving care, and dotes on them all as a father would his children, or a child would his favorite dolls.

When his creations were discovered, his superiors immediately ordered them destroyed. He was cast out of his former family in the Death Guard for attempting to "improve upon Father Nurgle's grand designs". He and his few followers now roam the stars, searching for the choicest parts to create more and more powerful beasts.

The Chaos Gods themselves hardly know what to make of Gorghast and his followers. Nurgle approves of his sense of family, yet shakes his head sadly at Gorghast's ambitious streak and curiosity. Tzeentch urges him on in his development and evolution of the Stitched, yet is angered by Gorghast's fascination with the dead (or rather, parts of the dead).

This is the beginning of a little project. I had originally intended to make a unit of plague marines for my undivided army. Gorghast would be the unit leader, with his creations counting as plague marines. But I like the idea so much that I may expand beyond one unit. We'll see.

Right now, all I have are ideas. No models yet. Here is the concept art for the basic Stitched trooper. Warning: I am not the best artist in the world. Far from it, actually. But this should get the point across:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/AshRogers/100_4208.jpg

Whoops, just caught my spelling error there. Anyway.

The plan is to use chaos marine legs and heads, ork arms and savage orc torsos. The tubes will be guitar wire and will connect either to a backpack or a small power source on the back.

Torn on a couple things:

Should I paint the "seams" and "stitches" on, or model them with green stuff?

Should I have them hold their weapons, or lop the hands off and "graft" the weapons to the stump?

Next Up: Concept art for the squad leader!

Looks very cool. I look forward to seeing some models. Have you checked to make sure that Savage Orc torsos won't look too oversized on Space Marine legs though?

Also, "the Stitched" seems a bit too obvious to me but I can't think of anything better so I guess I'll shut up.. :angry:

About the stitches, if you can make them small enough I say model them cuz painting them to look realistically would be a bit tough. And I vote against grafting the guns on, that normally doesn't look so good in my opinion.

But so lemme get this straight, he was a follower of Nurgle in the Death Guard to begin with? And then they cast him out because of his whole experiment thing?

Get some models up! :cuss

And here's the concept for the squad leader:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/AshRogers/StitchedChamp.jpg

Originally, this was going to be Gorghast, but if they expand to larger than one squad, there will be several of these and Gorghast will be a Daemon Prince. Debating whether to sculpt the apron (not sure how good it will look) or use a black templar torso with tabard (doesn't look exactly how i would like).

The bonesaw will be a count-as powerfist. Unless it would be more believable as a power weapon?

Good ideas here. If you can make the stitches I say go for it. For the weapons you could try haveing some guys holding their weapons and others with their weapons stuck on their arms. With the squad leader I think you should try to make the apron. With the buzzsaw i'm sure you can count it as a powerfist.There is a buzzsaw powerklaw bit in the ork nobs box cut off the ork hand and it would look just like the one you have drawn. Can't wait to see some of these guys.

Archived