Vulkan He'stan True Scale

Matious

Hey Guys

So after reading the forums on and off over a year now i came across a true scale version of vulkan hestan by Lamenter, and its inspired me to actually have a go at using green stuff for something other than just filling gaps on modes. so ive decided to have a try at making the model and getting it looking as good as he made his.

Hopefully i can achive as high a quality, for my first attempt at sculpting. ive been reading through all of Lamenters tutorials which have given me a great insitght as to where to start and the basics, hopefully i can put his tips in to good use.

so enough of my talking heres the pictures showing my progress:

Heres my first layout of a few bits and of the stance and just trying to figure out how im going to position him as you can see the shoulder pads are done following lamenters tutorial of using the terminator pads with some plasticard and were easy to make

16102010488.jpg

After playing with the stance i decided to cut the legs in 3 places to get more mobility there cut but the feet knee and hip. and think im happy with the basic stance so far. and the second picture ive just pinned the legs in the pose

16102010490.jpg

16102010494.jpg

So after fixing the legs together i worked on filling the main gaps in the legs, and also made a start cutting off parts of the chest plate and the emblems and sanding it down.

17102010495.jpg

started work on the arms using the thunder hammer/storm shield arms once agen testing the pose of the model with the arms in position

17102010498.jpg

17102010501.jpg

17102010502.jpg

sorry if the pics are too big, ill work on getting them a better size for my next post

More to come C&C Welcome.

I think you are off to an awesome start. One thing that niggles at me is the torso. It seems a bit long.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

If I may make a suggestion for Vulkan's gauntlet, I found a certain conversion where the fellow alters an Apothecary's narthecium gauntlet a little.

I thought it looked pretty cool...what do you think?

http://www.the-warforge.com/wp-content/gallery/vulkan/vulkan17.jpg

The link to the guy's full project is here:

http://www.the-warforge.com/vulkan/

Thanks for the comments guys ! :D

@ 'WingsOfTheFalcon' : Funny you should mention the clay shapers, ive already bought a set got the full set of size 0 set and a size 2 flat just incase. I've been using them today and i must say im very impressed with the quality and just how useful they are ! :D

As for a the comments with his thin/long waist, i was trying to keep it slim as i want to avoid making him too fat when i apply the green stuff as he's going to have a chapter symbol and drake scale loin cloth, should give me more room to work with so i can build in stages. Hopefiully when i've got more done he should be more in proportion and a bit bulkier.

Anyway i've been working on the chest a little and bulking it abit and i've filled in the leg parts hopefully you like what you see :

18102010521.jpg

20102010537.jpg

And heres the helmet its not far from being done, just need to add a few rivets donwn the centre column .

18102010522.jpg

And here a pic of the spear ive just got around to putting together needs a little work but im happy with it for now.

26102010558.jpg

So let me know what you think !

Next step should be getting some detail on the torso and making the fist look more like a gauntlet, Stay Tuned! ;)

Hello agen, So i've been working hard at it today and got some detail on to the model now,

everything went rather smoothly other than the detail on the bottom of the legs which i made a little too small first time so i ended

up doing that part twice but i'm happy with how its turned out.

so here's the pics :

I've assed the flames to the chest and, built the waist belt up, then added the detail to the legs also added rivets to the helmet.

23102010543.jpg

Here is the test pose to give me my overall idea, and so i can keep everything in proportion.

24102010544.jpg

24102010545.jpg

24102010546.jpg

24102010547.jpg

24102010548.jpg

From there i worked on the belt plate and added a few tubes to the gauntlet and added the tubes to the chest.

26102010552.jpg

Next I'll be added the loin cloth and symbol to the belt plate and the go from there !

Thanks for the comments so far guys ;)

Archived