Sin's Angels

SincaiN

I figured I'd post up a few Blood Angel things I've been working on. It's nothing as elaborate as a lot of the people on here but figured I’d share as many others have. I have a little 3 month old taking up most of my time so I sneak over to the painting table when lets me and try to get something built or painted. One of my lights burnt out so they may be a little dark atm.

I’ve been working on getting some Sang Priest built that have the whole BA feel. The first ones I made ended up looking like captains so I bought a bunch of kits (DC, DA Vets and a SM Command plus some SG bits I had let over). So far here is what I have. Pretty happy so far, the first guy I really like. Really reminds me of the Angel of Death . I magnetized the BPs so I could switch them and tried to go with as many chalices as I could. BPs and some of the belt pouches. Unfortunately the Command box only has one Apoth so mixed parts between both and tried to whip up something to act as. I still need to figure something out for the one guys arm. So far not much paint, only the robes while I was waiting for glue to dry.

003.JPG

001.JPG

003%20(2).JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

I also started working on a Librian, figured I have 5 robed legs I might as well use them. Used a Termy head support for the start of the Psi Hood and added a book to his belt. He still has a way to go.

008.JPG

009.JPG

I also wanted to build a Tach/Stern unit of guys so I used the rest of the pieces to work on them.

stern005.jpg

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

More Pics here if interested:

WIP Web Log

Looking good, nice models and stuff, shame about the small pics. But good luck!

Thanks :o And figured it out. There is actually an option on there when it generates the link.

dude the priests look great! i like the DA bitz use.. all looks so good, and the painting also VERY well done brother

Thanks :D I felt the robes had the priest feel so ended up going with them and makes them stand out. Now I just need to squeeze out some time to get them painted haha

Here's a few pictures of the Assault Squad I've been working on. They're almost finished, I need to spend a little more time on the details to finished them out. I was flocking the bases a bit this weekend and realized I had never gone back and finshed the gems, JP thrusters,what I want to do with the swords .. I'm not a fan of assembly line painting, I end up getting tired of painting the same thing over and over so I've gone back to my one mini at a time method. Takes me a bit longer but I don't miss the details as much 8)

I wanted them to look detailed so mixed the DC, SG and normal Assault Troops. I'm also not a big fan of the whole different helmet color thing so no yellow helmets here. When they fall out of the sky and started cutting you in half with a chainsword I think you'd figure out what they were 8)

Some Legs:

DSC02556.JPG

The Whole Squad:

276.JPG

Mug Shots:

252.JPG

253.JPG

254.JPG

256.JPG

257.JPG

258.JPG

262.JPG

263.JPG

264.JPG

265.JPG

267.JPG

268.JPG

269.JPG

270.JPG

272.JPG

273.JPG

274.JPG

250.JPG

251.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A little update. Been trying to get the first Sang Priest done but have been busy and jumping around between projects recently. Finally figured out why my airbrush was jamming up so I sprayed some tanks I've been wanting to get some color on.

He's almost complete, I just need to finish the detail work. Mainly the white and gold but a little more blending on the robes. He's almost there, but still have paint his back/jet packs as well ;) Theres a bit of glare on the back shot for some reason, that isn't a big splotch of white there ;)

sangpriest%20001.JPG

sangpriest%20002.JPG

sangpriest%20003.JPG

sangpriest%20004.JPG

sangpriest%20005.JPG

Put the base and a little shading spray on the Razorback and Storm Raven

razorback%20006.JPG

sr%20008.JPG

sr%20009.JPG

I like the turret mods on the razorback and stormraven. Where did the assault cannons come from?

The Assault Cannons are from the Storm Raven kit.. I didn't think about it till after I had made them but I should have magnetized them both. Oh well. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I've mostly finished the first Sang Priest. I'm not 100% happy with the wings, when I primed them it was a bit thick and had to sand the SOBs down to be smoothish .. but I picked up another box of SG and will be priming them with my air brush this time to make sure it's a thin coat. I also started on the 2nd SP and base coated the Stern as well as one of the bikers. After talking in Heathen's thread about the bikers I got a little more motivated to work on them, just wish I fielded them more. Still haven't picked up a new light for my table :D but I think I'm going to ask for one for father's day so hopefully soon :D

april1911edit%20004.jpg

april1911edit%20009.jpg

april1911edit%20007.jpg

april1911%20011.JPG

april1911%20016.JPG

april1911%20018.JPG

for more pictures just click the link in my sig

Awesome, especially love the old school combat knife on the kneeling dude. I have 2 myself still on sprue, haven't had the heart to cut them off yet. but i digress, fantastic priest. smooth white and nice contrasting colours. looking forward to more.

Agreed, the old blade has an awesome shape. My friend has a lot of the old school metal SM box sets and gave some of the bits he had left over so I've been putting them to good use. :(

Thanks, I'm hoping to have the other done shortly. Have a game coming up and want to have them both on the table.

That Sanguinary Priest looks pretty epic - great use of bits, and a really sharp painting style. Really digging the biker too - looks like he just swung around to blast any survivors that had the audacity to keep living. My only thing is that the gold looks pretty yellow and kind of flat on some of the models - maybe a quick wash to give it a little more depth and tone it down? Then again, I know what flash does to metallics, so maybe it looks perfectly normal in person. Again, great kitbash and poses - looking forward to the rest!

@ elohimalpha - Thanks man, yeah I was watching Akira with a friend and thought, " how cool would that be? " but I like your description better haha.. I think it's more of my crappy lighting in general. The light I used for front lighting burnt out so I only have the top two lights right now. In person it's def gold ;) I started with yellow foundation, gold, black wash, silver highlights and a light wash of yellow ink. So it has a good bit of layers on it, Once I get a new light in I'll try to get a few better shots. It's pretty fustrating to say the least haha

@ heathens - thanks bro .. I got motivated after we were talking about it in your thread. So hopefully I can get him done soon! And speaking of done, when are we going to see those Vets? :D

Last night I got a little building in. My wife perfers me to at least be in the same room so I'm getting pretty good at recliner building ;) Here's a few rough shots of the Dante I'm working on. The GS isn't done yet and he's held to the legs with tac,. along with the wings just to mock up. I've also been playing with different clear finishes for the gold ( maybe that's making it look yellow too? ), I tried some gloss clear on his legs to see how it will look but it's a little too shiny. Got some satin clear so I'll be trying that next..

I was going to wait till Fathers Day to ask for a new light but I think I might just break down and order one today ;)

WIP%20009.JPG

WIP%20005.JPG

WIP%20007.JPG

WIP%20011.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I worked more on the kneeling Sternguard, Dante, a few standard guys while playing around with different ways to base coat and wash plus the biker guy. I did get a bit overloaded with the all the red so I decided to start messing with a Chaplin. I have to figure out if I'm going to free hand the shoulders or just break down and use decals. I ordered some Micro Sol/Set to see if that really does help. So far I've not been a big fan of the decal, it always wrinkles and ticks me off. Hopefully this will prove different with the Micro.

Chappy - He still needs the fine details and smoothing out the red on the pads. Was a fun change from all the red.

chappy01.JPG

chappy04.JPG

Stern - He's mostly done, a few touch ups

stern01.JPG

stern03.JPG

stern04.JPG

Biker - Got a good bit more done on the bike and him. He still needs a fair bit more painting and I have to bore out the tailpipes, they won't be that small went complete :D Wanted to be pipes to show affects of the heat so tried to add a good bit of color changes.

bike01.JPG

bike02.JPG

bike04.JPG

bike05.JPG

Dante - After looking at the Gold a bit more I've been playing around with giving it more depth.

Dante01.JPG

Thanks for checking them out ...

Edit : Fixed a Link

Archived