Sin's Angels

SincaiN

Argggh...you tease. Just finish the dang bike already!!

Seriously though, it's all looking wonderful, keep it up bro!

I love the bike

Chaos Marine: Ha! You missed me!

Blood Angel Biker: Like hell I did!

@ Seva - Thanks much :)

@ Heathens - Yeah I know .. I keep that going to make you come back :P But honestly I kinda jump back and forth, usually get to using a color and if I have other models I'm working on I end up thinking,. " Well I might as well paint it on those guys too " then I'm painting a different model then I was orginally on haha .. but I promise He'll be next on the list. I'm still trying to figure out if I should paint wings on the front fender or just leave them plain. I think that's holding me up as well.

@ Scath - Nice .. Well if you are going to reek it can at least be of Badassery!!! :) Thanks Bro

@ Noctus - haha .. exactly. " I was just giving your @ss some false hope! " Thanks man

• 3 weeks later...

It look longer then I'd have liked but May was super busy for me. The biker is done, at least mostly. I might put soot on the pipes but I'm not sure at the moment, I don't want him to look over done. Pretty happy with how he came out. It's a shame I don't use bikers more. ;)

finishedbike04.jpg

finishedbike03.jpg

finishedbike02.jpg

finishedbike08.jpg

finishedbike05.jpg

And the finished kneeling stern dude..

finstern03.jpg

finstern07.jpg

finstern06.jpg

I need to finish the Chappy, Libby and other Sang Priest. But I also picked up a Godhammer and the Furiso Kit. I'm going to mod the legs of the dread a little so he isn't in the static pose but the new kit as a lot stuff on those legs :D

Thanks Max .. glad you like them! :P

Last night I was watching some TV with the wife and decided to mess with the new Furiso Kit I just ordered. Wanted to make him have a little bit more movement. Just the start so far ..

dcdread02.jpg

dcdread03.jpg

dcdread04.jpg

dcdread05.jpg

Nice. It gives him more presence, I think. :)

Thanks :D I wanted him to at least look like he was moving. The standard pose is fine for a rifle dread but for a CC beast a little more fluidity is nice, so it doesn't look like he's saying "Hey you, come stand before me so I can tear you apart!"

Hoooray! The biker's done, lol. Dang, he looks great too, awesome job brother. I'm really liking the shine effect you got in the blood drop jewels, really makes your guys stand out in subtle ways. Looking forward to seeing how this Dread turns out, man, looking good so far.

Edit: Quick question...what's the purpose of your guys having steel colored chestplates?

Hoooray! The biker's done, lol. Dang, he looks great too, awesome job brother. I'm really liking the shine effect you got in the blood drop jewels, really makes your guys stand out in subtle ways. Looking forward to seeing how this Dread turns out, man, looking good so far.

Edit: Quick question...what's the purpose of your guys having steel colored chestplates?

Thanks man .. I think he came out pretty decent.. May has been so busy took me a lot longer to get him done then I'd like. Thanks, I need to work on his power cables and a few more things here and there then I'll start on the paint.

Funny you noticed that, I was working on them both at the same time and realized they both had the same chest and helm when I was close to being finished. I started on the biker guy looking that way to make him look a little different and have more of a mechanicus look. And I guess in my mind since the one guy looked like that they both should so I painted up the chest the same. When I went back and looked at the stern guy I noticed it. damn,. they have the same BP and Helm haha .. oh well. That BP looks like it has overlaid metal plates to me, just seemed like it should be metallic.

A little update. It was a busy weekend but I did get to sneak into my hobby cave for a good bit of workings..

I replaced the cabling on the Dreads legs that I had to cut when bending it. I also added some base accessories .. more grit, some skulls and a shattered Chaos staff. Plus a little more here and there.. I do believe he's ready to be primed.

053111%2520033.JPG

053111%2520030.JPG

053111%2520031.JPG

I didn't think I was going to have so much time so I was working on a ML dude.. "50 throne I can hit that Ork in the eye with a krak missle! Any takers?" No fine details yet...

053111%2520025.JPG

053111%2520026.JPG

Finally got the Librarian's power cables attached .. that was a pain, those things dont like to bend :tu: I need to clean up the GS a bit but he's almost ready for some primer.

053111%2520028.JPG

053111%2520029.JPG

You know I'm a fan of your conversion work (and utterly jealous of your skills with red, lol), but I gotta admit, the psychic hood on the libby just isn't doin' it for me. It just looks really odd. Other than that, stunning work, as always my friend.

@ slyfox - Thanks, glad you like them.

I start off spraying them Valejo Fire Red from air brush as a base (but you can just use the GW foundation Mechrite and brush on the base.)

Then I start to wash Blood Red to the highlight areas ( 2w to 1p )

I go back with black wash and fade up the shadows (GW Wash)

Then use washes of scab and blood red to make the transition ( again 2 to 1 )

Finially I go back and ink all the deep areas

A lot of people do Xtreme Highlights, I prefer Xtreme Shadows I guess haha .. it will take some time, I put a good bit of layers on .. which takes longer then i'd like most of the time. :)

@ Heathens - Thanks man. Hate'n on the hood are you? :) haha CC is always welcome. Any ideas of what's bothering you about it ? After reading your post I went back and looked at him and noticed it is a little crooked, I think the cables must have pushed it over. A friend of mine started a GK army and I was going to look at his bit box to see if there was anything good in there. Right now it's just the head cover from a terminator.

Cheers for that one. I'm a pretty mediocre painter myself but it's always interesting to get anr idea of how the better painters do the job. I think it always upset me that it takes TLC ( Tender Loving Care before we get any odd comments on that one :D ) to get models to look good.

I've a recipe in mind for mine and you've certainly given me some food for thought there so thank you!

Awesome .. glad it helped .. Sometimes it's amazing how long it can take for just one small part. When I paint the gems/blood drops I use like 6 different colors haha .. I usually save them for last and do them in mass. :P makes me hate doing it less!

• 2 weeks later...

A little more work got done. I finished up the ML Dude and the Chappy is almost done. Just need to finish the JP and some cleaning up. Added the Icon to the JP as it looked very Chappy-Esch to me. The Librian is coming along, I just started doing some of the washing and shadows. I wasn't in a happy place as I was fiinishing up the building/prep stage and missed some of the clean up I should have done. But not too worried as I'm looking to build a new one with some GK bits so this guy will just be painted decent and ploped on the table.

061611%2520001.JPG

061611%2520002.JPG

061611%2520005.JPG

061611%2520007.JPG

061611%2520008.JPG

He's a bit Dark

061611%2520009.JPG

061611%2520010.JPG

And finally, I've been playing around with shading on the Airbrush ... on the LR just 3 shades of red faded so far.

061611%2520013.JPG

061611%2520015.JPG

Thanks ;) .. I've been trying different paints out and I'm really liking the Iwata Com Art colors.. It was a base of Opaq Marron highlighted with Trans Bright Red and then Valejo Scarlet red edge highlights. I then went back and added some more Marron and B Red fades in some areas. Base was black primer.

• 1 month later...

Been a delayed update but some more work on the LR and a Rhino I'm going to be using to test some weathering. I don't want to apply the weathering to the LR until I know I like it :blink: Just started working on the details so not much done on that front yet.

LR0001.JPG

LR0003.JPG

LR0004.JPG

LR0005.JPG

Rhino0001.JPG

Rhino0002.JPG

Rhino0003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

For my friends birthday I told him to pick a model he wanted painted and I would paint it up for him. He plays Ultra's (at least in color) but typically uses Vulken as his HQ. So he asked to have to him painted in Ultra Colors.. I kept his cloak green to honor his roots. I didn't do any prep or prime, He was handed to me as is and I started to get my paint on. About 50% complete so far with a lot more blending to go. I didn't want to add a lot of normal flame to it and have him be a muddle of colors so I figured since Ultra's seem to lover their gold bling I'd make the flames on the cloak and BP fade from copper to bright gold. Haven't done much on the armor yet and the blends need to be smoothed out but he's coming along.

Vulcan0005.JPG

Vulcan0008.JPG

Vulcan0009.JPG

I've also been screwing around a little more on the test Rhino.

Rhino0005.JPG

Rhino0005.JPG

And have been getting tired of my painting table being a hot mess so I built a rack to clear up the area. :tu:

PaintRack0001.JPG

PaintRack0002.JPG

PaintRack0003.JPG

• 2 months later...

Finished up Dante, still not completely happy with the wings but with the limited amount of time I have to paint these days I had to say good enough. B) I wanted him to have the feel of looking over the battle field so propped his leg up and rested his axe hand on his knee ( I guess he has a little Captain in him ;) ). Then directs the battle pointing to what needs to be destroyed.

Dante09.JPG

Dante11.JPG

I've also been playing with the weathering powders to see how they really work. Now they do make a nice finish but to make the truely work I had to clear it between each layer I put on the tank. Otherwise it would smudge and fall off. I think for a display piece I'll use it again but for table top I doubt it other then some soot here and there. I'm pretty happy with it.. I'm going to give the scraps a little extra touch ups for depth then done. I should have taken some pics of the latest but these are close to it.

Rhino0012.JPG

Rhino0013.JPG

Also did a quick Drop Pod up so my friend could use it in a Tourney. I didn't want him to go with it primered black. There isn't any detail work on it other then the BA symbols on the sides.

droppod02.jpg

droppod03.jpg

A little work on the DC Dread as well. Not much just started on the base with very little blending so far really.

dcdread09.jpg

dcdread08.jpg

And the finished Ultra Vulcan for my friend. Gloss coated for protection as requested haha .. should have taken the pic before but forgot until he came over. So the pics are ify and shiney

Vulcan0021.JPG

Vulcan0019.JPG

As always more images on my blog if interested .. thanks for looking,. hope it was worth the look :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived