Sin's Angels

SincaiN

The dread looks awesome. I dont like the Sarcophagus but thats the sculpt not the paint job you have given it, I really like the effect you have achieved on the blood talons. Nice one. This entire thread is full of great looking models. Keep it up buddy :)

Thanks guys :D I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out. I really wanted to mod a dreads legs so he wasnt in the standard pose and had just picked up the DC Dread so i went with that one. Just glad he's finished up and on the shelf, was working on him off and on for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Khajis - Thanks man :tu: I guess I couldn't ask for more then that

@ Pulse - Thanks ^_^ , I really wanted the blue to stand out and I'm pretty happy with it. The sword got re-painted like 5 times and taped up 5 times .. haha .. finially got it looking like what I had in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few more guys finished, started and in the middle ..

Finshed guys ..

Stern/TAC I wanted him to have the look of reaching for his Combat Knife..

stern033.JPG

stern037.JPG

stern034.JPG

Melta Man .. forgot to black the base before I took the pics.. it's blacked now :HQ:

stern030.JPG

stern027.JPG

WIP

stern054.JPG

dc008.JPG

dc006.JPG

dc201.JPG

More images on my blog thing .. link below \/ if interested. Thanks,.

Melta Man .. forgot to black the base before I took the pics.. it's blacked now :D

stern030.JPG

stern027.JPG

Decent red there, brother, love the shading. How the Dickens did you drill the vents on the nozzle?

Thanks man :rolleyes:

Haha .. I should make some crazy story about how I bored it out :huh: but it's acutally just some steel paint I applieid to the vents to give it that look.. guess it worked :blush:

Thanks man :tu:

Haha .. I should make some crazy story about how I bored it out ;) but it's acutally just some steel paint I applieid to the vents to give it that look.. guess it worked :D

Very well done to you sir but, awww... :(

Thanks .. I wasn't thinking much about it as I was painting it haha ... until you said something I didn't even look at the barrel in the pic but it does look like it's hallow, I wasn't expecting the light highlight to work out so well. I only drilled the tip but maybe I'll try to figure a way to bore it out for you Oli .. ;)

Oohh, I love that red-to-black transition. I mean, the rest of the paintjob is great (the weathering, the highlights, the blue viewports/targeters) but that red/black? It's practically delicious. :)

@ Jim. Thanks, Yup I use the airbrush on my vehicles, you can't beat the smooth look it gives ..IMO at least :)

@Oli. Haha thanks man. I go through multiple levels with the fade. Start with the black primer, spray it all maroon, highlight bright red, shadow with black then go back and hit the details with maroon and red again. Takes a little time with the color changes but I'm happy with the final look. ;) the extra armor kit really gives a lot of places to contrast with all the added edges.

@vharing - Thanks man .. I wanted them to look a little more special so put a little extra thought into them :D

@Styro - Thank for the kind words.. I do a coulpe different things depending on what I want it to look like but nothing special..

Colors are usually:

Snot Green for the base

Scorp Green for the mid

Sunburst for the ultra highlight if I want that look..

Black Wash to darken the edges

Black Ink on the shadow under the helm and back notch (the type of helm maye require more or less use)

White if you want the reflections..

Pretty much it .. :) just use thin layers

Hope it helped..

Archived