Sin's Angels

SincaiN

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple DW guys I built up ..

Hunter with Mark of Vengence (Wolfen) ... as they will be a counts as Space Wolves..

DWTac201.JPG

DWTac202.JPG

DWTac203.JPG

Alas poor Yorick,. holding the skull.. and rocking FW bolter and chainsword.

DWTac301.JPG

DWTac303.JPG

And a flamer guy with a GK flamer, I covered up the Fort with some GS and filed off the I on the canister.

DWTac701.JPG

DWTac702.JPG

DWTac703.JPG

@ bio - thanks man .. I really wanted him to look like he was going full bore at the enemy.. I still have a bunch of guys to build to finish out the squads haha.. as for the flamer guy I was actually going to make it look singed haha.. so you read my mind ^_^

@ Yogi - Thanks .. glad you are liking them.. next should be a LR or Contemptor Dread in the same style ..

Here are a couple of the Squad Leaders .. I wanted them to have the leadership feel and I'm pretty happy with them .. both rocking Power Fists and Combi Meltas ..

WGPA2002.JPG

WGPA2001.JPG

WGPA2003.JPG

WGPA1004.JPG

WGPA1005.JPG

WGPA1006.JPG

Started the weathering on more of the Dusk Wolves Motor Pool.. I do need to start working on painting the troops but didn't feel like detail troop painting last night 8)

Relic Contemptor

DWContemptor015.JPG

DWContemptor018.JPG

Land Raider

DWLR016.JPG

and two Razorbacks

DWRZB011.JPG

DWRZB204.JPG

Looks like it's good start on both, there. Like that pose the Contemptor has. ;)

Btw - where is that base from? (I feel like I should recognise it...)

@ Bio - Thanks B) I want them to have that nitty gritty look .. and with the white is seems the less is more. The more I added on the test models make it just look worse.

@ Oli - Thanks man .. posing that Contemptor is a pain. All the bits and Super Glue seems to dry slower on resin to me ..8) took me a week of putting him together slowly. It's a secret weapon urban base.

The Arms are Magnetized so I can swap them out or removed them as they get blasted off. The way his arms go together really works well for magnets.

DWContemptor007.JPG

DWContemptor008.JPG

DWContemptor013.JPG

Magnets are awesome .. figured for the cost of the Contemptor best to magnetize him so he can rock whatever option I want <_< I'm probably going to pick up a LAS for him next and then I think he should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of great work here. The Dusk Wolves are very interesting, love the scheme you've chosen.

With you battle damage on the vehicles I'd use a blister sponge to put the first patches before you use a brush. It makes it a tad more varied, and less obvious. Just an idea, feel free to ignore :cuss

Looking forward to more.

@ Biohazard - Thanks man .. sure I'll post a few more .. I was playing around with making a different look on the blade and this is what I have so far haha ..

@ DarkMark - Thanks .. I hear ya and I've tried the sponge method before but never really liked the outcome.. might have been my technique though 8) .. I'm actually playing around with undercoating the tanks in boltgun, clearing and then going over with the base color .. then using a Q Tip to rub away the paint.. so far I'm liking the tests I've done but since I already have the look I have I don't want it to start something new and look out of place .. thanks for the CC its always helpful!

@ The Son - Yup yup .. they are going to be the loyalists from the traitor legions and figured that would be a cool idea .. plus who can't like "The Red Right Hand of the Emprorer" .. 8) Thanks

dc411.JPG

dc412.JPG

dc410.JPG

dc409.JPG

A little of both but most is by hand .. I blended black to white (with the airbrush to keep it smooth, but it could also be done by hand) then applied the bright green (I forget what the Vallejo Color is called, but I can look when I get home if you like) and used green wash and inks to blend over the black/white transition. Also dry brushed some white, yellows and greens in as well.. I've honestly been screwing around with it so much I don't remember the exact step by step on it though haha.. ;) I can sit down and retrace my steps when I get home and give you the colors if you like.

I find using inks on the blade really gives it a stand out look as they are usually more vibrant and contain a lot of pigment. But that's just me .. :D

I love the effect. Like I say Ive been wanting to try something similar on my DP sword as its such a large area I want something really striking. Ive got a rough idea now of how to go about it hopefully Ill get a chance to paint soon. Thanks buddy

Archived