Tybergross the red tide

So today through act of god I finally got a forgeworld order me and numerous others put in cash for which for some reason did itself a world tour then got lost in Secaucus NJ, so they had to send a second one. In the order I only ordered one thing Tyberos the Red Wake.

Now I started compiling loyalist non wolf marines to start this list. For those that don't know Tyberos is a Captain Character from Badab 2 the bloodening. He makes one unit of Assault termies with lightning claws troops, his chapter tactics are that he gives all marines furious charge and rage. Equipment wise marines in his list can opt to drop the holy bolter for a sword free of charge.

Now as I play Chaos and Wolves I have a question.

If I combat squad my squads can one half be shooty and the other half be assaulty? I ask this because I am not used to having crappy marines from the terrible standard codex.

also has anyone tried him out yet in any games?

You'll have to quote the rule for the wording, but doesn't it say something along the lines of 'a tactical squad may swap it's bolters for a close combat weapon'?

If it says a tactical squad, as in the entire unit, then all members should replace their bolter for a close combat weapon, which by extension means you cannot take a heavy weapon or special weapon, as the army list says 'may swap their bolter for (insert weapon for x points)' and you no longer have a bolter.

If it says marines, rather than tactical squad, then you'll be free to mix and match.

IMO, of course.

Because much like any chaos player/evil player the filthy imperium is hated by me. It takes something crazy cool in my opinion to even look at imperial stuff. Like space wolves I like because they are basically chaos marines except they are space vikings, and I play dark eldar because they are in many ways worse then chaos space marines andiplay dark elves in fantasy. I like evil or forces of destruction not order.

even book reading wise i only borrow books that have main characters as imperial except for horus heresy. With horus heresy I cannot wait till sanguinious gets choked out. ut's basically when like when you imperial only players in your friendly local gaming store say things like "dity dirty chaos" or "filthy xenos" jokingly to those players. Thats all it means I am playfully jibing you staunch loyalists.

I ask this because I am not used to having crappy marines from the terrible standard codex.

I'm too busy trying to figure out why this was necessary to add in.

If you have a problem, report it.

I ask this because I am not used to having crappy marines from the terrible standard codex.

I'm too busy trying to figure out why this was necessary to add in.

agreed.

You too. He doesnt like tactical marines- neither do half the people playing C:SM.

Because much like any chaos player/evil player the filthy imperium is hated by me. It takes something crazy cool in my opinion to even look at imperial stuff. Like space wolves I like because they are basically chaos marines except they are space vikings, and I play dark eldar because they are in many ways worse then chaos space marines andiplay dark elves in fantasy. I like evil or forces of destruction not order.

even book reading wise i only borrow books that have main characters as imperial except for horus heresy. With horus heresy I cannot wait till sanguinious gets choked out. ut's basically when like when you imperial only players in your friendly local gaming store say things like "dity dirty chaos" or "filthy xenos" jokingly to those players. Thats all it means I am playfully jibing you staunch loyalists.

Stick to the question at hand. I dont have a copy of IA:10, so if you want help on this youll probly need to post the relevant rule word for word.

If anyone else wants to post it, please do so. Any more discussion about the merits of playing C:SM can be taken elsewhere.

Combat squads seperate into two even groups (with the exception of bikers) of 5 marines. How those models are seperated matter not and is up to your discreation. If the rule lets you give exchange the bolters of select models (as oposed to the entire unit doing so) then you may have a unit with 5 shooty and 5 assaulty and may combat squad them along those lines. But remember for all purposes, untill it is on the board, the unit is a single 10 man squad and must follow all rules as such, which is why you cannot have a combat squad in a transport come in from reserve.

Of course as this is a character from an IA book you will have to ask your opponents permision anyway, so you know, have fun.

Problem is I do not have IA 10a friend of mine does and was gonna give me a copy of the tyberos page. Don't have it yet as for being able to use him, my FLGS is very much a community of people who are like if it isn't a super heavy you can use it in standard games and if it is it is relegated to apoc.

I have already used my blight drones in standard games, Zhufor, whats his nuts the nurgle sorceror, and the alpha legion guy from vraks. I played games against the achilles, the new jump pack war walkers and the list goes on so i will get to use Tyberos regularly. Figured the interwebs would have the answer since my friend hasn't gotten me the rules yet.

Problem is I do not have IA 10a friend of mine does and was gonna give me a copy of the tyberos page. Don't have it yet as for being able to use him, my FLGS is very much a community of people who are like if it isn't a super heavy you can use it in standard games and if it is it is relegated to apoc.

I have already used my blight drones in standard games, Zhufor, whats his nuts the nurgle sorceror, and the alpha legion guy from vraks. I played games against the achilles, the new jump pack war walkers and the list goes on so i will get to use Tyberos regularly. Figured the interwebs would have the answer since my friend hasn't gotten me the rules yet.

Ok, well many of us dont have the money to be buying FW books, so you can wait tell you have the rules in front of you.

Send me a PM when that happens, or someone else can when someone with the rules can give us a real answer.

The OP asked wether he was able to give only half of his tactical squad close combat weapons instead of their bolters. I have IA10 and the rule states:

"any Space Marine infantry model in the army armed with a bolt gun may exchange it for a close combat weapon for free."

Therefore the answer is yes he can give half his squad BP and CCW, and the other half Bolters, whilst retaining the options to include Sgt. wargear options and special/ heavy weapons.

Hope this helps

FOXX

With this quote in hand Im inclined to agree- you could have 5 tacticals with BP+CCW and 5 with Bolter+BP.

Of course as this is a character from an IA book you will have to ask your opponents permision anyway, so you know, have fun.

I heard you have to have your opponents permission to play a game of any sort, how do you do it at your FLGS?

I heard you have to have your opponents permission to play a game of any sort, how do you do it at your FLGS?

Your snarkiness is not required. Nor is it pertinent to the conversation at hand.

FW rules are optional, and as such- like any other expansion or set of house rules- need to be talked over with your opponent before the fight.

FW rules are optional, and as such- like any other expansion or set of house rules- need to be talked over with your opponent before the fight.

Quoted for truth. Just because an opponent has a Titan doesn't mean I'll allow them to play with it. (Not like it'd make much difference against my army, but... :yes: )

Your snarkiness is not required. Nor is it pertinent to the conversation at hand.

Im not trying to be an ass just pointing out a common misconception. Also I feel it is as relevant to the conversation as the statement it self.

There is no such rule in any of the forgeworld books currently being used. The new ones in fact use the very argument i did for such issues, that you should always inform your opponent of what your playing. Be it a tyranid deathstar or a death korp list.

Quoted for truth. Just because an opponent has a Titan doesn't mean I'll allow them to play with it. (Not like it'd make much difference against my army, but... :lol: )

and its reasonable to to not play some one, I just dont understand the "get your opponents permission" part. Its misleading and I feel it keeps people away from using certain models. I think GW feels the same way as they have removed such silly statements from not just FW books but from the GW proper books which in past editions had similar wording on special characters. I can field what ever army I'd like, and you can choose to play it or not, neither of us needs permission to do this.

Forgeworld minis are not legal by GW standards, and such an army is readily deniable in both the tournament scene as well as casual play. Making an army based around a Forgeworld special character gives anyone, including tournament organizers, the ability to disregard the army as a whole, unless I'm woefully mistaken.

Long story short, you have to ask to use FW stuff because it isn't legal in normal games. It'd be like plopping down a coke can and saying it's the Emperor; it's essentially cheating.

I honestly think if someone goes to the trouble of making a red scorpions/krieg/badab special marine list aslong as it doesn't have super heavies which are when we get to apoc, why not just say cool. The game is about having fun with cool minis. It's why we have a pretty open gaming practice at my store. Because end of the day just a game my win loss ratio meaningless as long as I had fun.

I donno people who go on about the asking permission seem like people who are not fun to play. But I mean my local store is the store the mighty ork landship came out of that won the vehicle conversion contest at games day and we used that monster in a megabattle and it was awesome. If the owner of that ever plays a megabattle we all were part of rules team for that thing. It may be unfair but it's fun to try shooting at. Gives you just an idea of the gaming atmosphere we have.

DS, that doesn't change the fact that the FW-based army is illegal in normal play. If the people you game with are cool with it, then play away. However, people reserve the right to decline a game after you've explained that you're using an illegal model.

This is a discussion for another place.

If you want to post more here, please do so about Tyberios.

If you want to dicuss more about FWs rules in general, and their 'legality' as subjective as it may or may not be, please make a new thread.

Archived