Grey Knights Stormraven WIP

Avarris

Basically as said above I'm starting a Grey Knights force for a Doubles Tournament on the 18th of April, and rather than buying it all on the 2nd of April and rushing, I'm getting a headstart and buying some of the army early to get it painted and then just work on the rest once its released (Im making a list when I next get to my local GW). Anyway, on with the pictures of the Stormraven that is making up a bulk of the army.

The next 2 shots are just of the sides of the model, have noticed somethings need tidying up and some highlighting to do on the edges

gallery_35518_5876_202805.jpg

gallery_35518_5876_831318.jpg

Better shot of the tail and the fins, planning on possibly making some flames to be coming out of the back of the engines to represent it going flat out

gallery_35518_5876_425808.jpg

A better shot of the stripe on the one side, needs a bit more tidying up. The barrel of the lascannons will be red like the fins on the wings

gallery_35518_5876_255356.jpg

The interior, needs a drybrush to tidy it up and work on the details on the control panels and seats

gallery_35518_5876_442043.jpg

Same as the above photo really

gallery_35518_5876_1009148.jpg

All C&C are welcome (I'm not used to putting up photos so sorry if these are a bit too big as I don't know how to make them smaller) All the photos are up on my Gallery so feel free to have a look

Looks good man, What you should probably do is highlight the edges of the silver and throw a wash into the recesses, it'll give it more contrast and break up the flat silver colours, I'd recommend badab black, followed by a watered down brown like scorced brown, followed by a wash of watered down blue.

I'm not sure which would work better first, the blue of the brown, but the brown will give it a natural dirtied feel and blue will help differentiate the engine and gun metals from the others.

Looks good man, What you should probably do is highlight the edges of the silver and throw a wash into the recesses, it'll give it more contrast and break up the flat silver colours, I'd recommend badab black, followed by a watered down brown like scorced brown, followed by a wash of watered down blue.

I'm not sure which would work better first, the blue of the brown, but the brown will give it a natural dirtied feel and blue will help differentiate the engine and gun metals from the others.

Thanks for the advice, Ill probably do those washes once I've finished the inside of the model as the areas that would be best to wash are the joins between the different parts of the model

The red is a base of Mechrite Red with Scab Red over it, I'm going to highlight the edges of the fins with some blood red to pick the edges out. For the silver its just plain Boltgun Metal but I'm planning on giving it a all over dry brush with Chainmail to highlight it

Archived