Unknown chapter

magnefjord

I honestly dont know what chapter I have painted but if it is not alredy taken I think I was gonna call them "Storm Raiders". As I said I have no clue on what I have painted, I simply got bored one evening and sat down and started painting, and this is what I came up whith. I had no plan what so ever on how how they were going to look like but this is what it turned out like:

gallery_40324_5631_171775.jpg

gallery_40324_5631_102997.jpg

gallery_40324_5631_52403.jpg

The lightning claws are a first-time try as I have never tryed this technique before but I think it tuned out pretty well.

C&C are most welcome.

Look a bit like Astral Claws - which is cool

Nice tidy paint scheme so far. I'd say your possibly laying on the paint a tad bit heavy, but thats not really ruining the model at all. I'd love to see a bit of highlights going on - especially on the blue.

Claws are very good though, for a first attempt its excellent - which is why I think you can bring the highlights to the rest of the model very easily.

The claws really did come out great, especially for a first try.

If you want to add some depth and power to the blue, try getting a nice light drybrushing over the terminator's helmet, say equal parts blue and white. This would stick to the ridges and exposed high portions, leaving the rest uncolored. Hit it with a little dark ink and you have instant shading.

Same can be done on the larger expanses of blue plate - it's quick and easy.

If you want more control over the dispersion of color and such, you could try hard-line highlights and then a wash.

Look a bit like Astral Claws - which is cool

Nice tidy paint scheme so far. I'd say your possibly laying on the paint a tad bit heavy, but thats not really ruining the model at all. I'd love to see a bit of highlights going on - especially on the blue.

Claws are very good though, for a first attempt its excellent - which is why I think you can bring the highlights to the rest of the model very easily.

nice job with the power claws, as for the astral claws didnt they turn to chaos, dont quote me on that tho only a speculation on my part so feel free to correct me lol

nice job with the power claws, as for the astral claws didnt they turn to chaos, dont quote me on that tho only a speculation on my part so feel free to correct me lol

They did, but one could easily paint and play an pre-excommunicate army of Astral Claws.

Anyhow, the claws and the metallics are awesome, man. The only thing that gets me (and it may just be the fuzzy pics) is the blue. Maybe a wash and a highlight would help it out a bit. Pretty sweet though, man. Keep up the good work!

They did, but one could easily paint and play an pre-excommunicate army of Astral Claws.

Anyhow, the claws and the metallics are awesome, man. The only thing that gets me (and it may just be the fuzzy pics) is the blue. Maybe a wash and a highlight would help it out a bit. Pretty sweet though, man. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, the technique on both the metal and the claws are a first-time try. You are correct on the blue, it could use a little highlight but I am not very good on highlighting blue so I am afraid I might ruin the whole model. Otherwise the blue is a basecoat of regal blue and then a drybrush with ultramarines blue.

Archived