Carcharodons!(Them New Age Space Sharks)

Christ, you really went to town on that lot, didn't you? They all look good, as far as bare models can, and I particularly like the kitbashing you've done. Also, the crozius looks better now, definitely a two-hander though. :P

Thanks bro! Converting is perhaps my favorite part of the whole hobby. ^_^

Haha, then it's decided! It's name will be"Glorificus Virga Pulsus". Roughly translated into the "The Glorious Beating Stick" :)

:tu:

Smite thine foe most righteous, brother! :P I might have to name mine now... :D

Mega_marines, I just wanted to let you know that you have not only inspired me with your squads of mixed armor marines but I have had a piece of commission art made for one of the Space Sharks that I plan to build this week and get my whole army rolling. Don't ever doubt that your work is giving some of us ideas that we may have never had on our own. I am eternally grateful to you for the push your work is giving me. Keep posting, your stuff is pure gold.

Mega_marines, I just wanted to let you know that you have not only inspired me with your squads of mixed armor marines but I have had a piece of commission art made for one of the Space Sharks that I plan to build this week and get my whole army rolling. Don't ever doubt that your work is giving some of us ideas that we may have never had on our own. I am eternally grateful to you for the push your work is giving me. Keep posting, your stuff is pure gold.

Hnnnnghhh! All of my love! :o

Update!

Also, updates on the army, but alas no pics this time around

Drop Pods, Land Raider Crusader, Predator, and the Rhino are all basecoated and are at first highlights on the grey.

All the Tactical Squads as well as the Assault Squad are primered

Scout Squad and second Terminator Squad are all basecoated and are at first highlights on the grey.

Chaplain has had brass added

Vanguard Squad is 50% complete.

Hey man really cool stuff you got! Keep updatin'! :D

I really dig the helmets with the buttons on them, they're like the quintessential Space Sharks helmet to me because of Tyberos lol but anyway, they look really good and keep up the great work!

Hnnnnghhh! All of my love! :D

Update!

Also, updates on the army, but alas no pics this time around

Drop Pods, Land Raider Crusader, Predator, and the Rhino are all basecoated and are at first highlights on the grey.

All the Tactical Squads as well as the Assault Squad are primered

Scout Squad and second Terminator Squad is are all basecoated and are at first highlights on the grey.

Chaplain has had brass added

Vanguard Squad is 50% complete.

I can pm you a copy of his picture if you are interested. I think that he does really nice work and incorporated all my ideas coherently into the piece. As soon as I can locate some FW chainaxes I'm going to build him and his squad. I also have ordered the FW event only boarding marine to add an extra touch of cool to my army. I should be starting this project in full swing by the end of the week. I can only hope that my marines turn out half as giid as your fine work Brother.

Christ, you really went to town on that lot, didn't you? They all look good, as far as bare models can, and I particularly like the kitbashing you've done. Also, the crozius looks better now, definitely a two-hander though. :P

Thanks bro! Converting is perhaps my favorite part of the whole hobby. ^_^

Haha, then it's decided! It's name will be"Glorificus Virga Pulsus". Roughly translated into the "The Glorious Beating Stick" :D

;)

Smite thine foe most righteous, brother! :P I might have to name mine now... :D

Looking wicked m_m - you can't beat a mix of armour, looking forward to seeing them painted :)

If you go for the Glorious Beating Stick you should have another guy with 'Non in Vultus' somewhere on his armour... not the face!

FANTASTIC work! After getting copies of IA10 from you, the mixture of your squad definitely fits in well with what IA displays. The look of the various armors set well with the idea that this Chapter floats aimlessly amongst the stars, waiting to strike the foes of the Imperium.

Tyberos looks amazing and I am truly looking forward to your finished Terminators and of course the Librarian. Keep the work rolling.

Brother Glauca is just about done! (With a trophy from Hive Fleet Jormungandr, plus some magnets!)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0908.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0911.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0912.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0917.jpg

Lovely work. The blood splatter is particularly effective because you have made it look like it has originated from where he his a big beastie. In simple terms it's very realistic :)

I like the personalised trophy as well, is it from a regular opponent?

Vulkan

Lovely work. The blood splatter is particularly effective because you have made it look like it has originated from where he his a big beastie. In simple terms it's very realistic ;)

Vulkan

Hah! "Set claw to Juicer"

And yeah, a friend of mine plays Hive fleet Jormungandr; which is Phil Kelly's black and yellow Tyranids as seen here:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/110585572.jpg

I plan on implementing some more Jormungandr trophies into my Death Spectres, since fluffwise they did help destroy most of the fleet.

Lovely work. The blood splatter is particularly effective because you have made it look like it has originated from where he his a big beastie. In simple terms it's very realistic :mellow:

Vulkan

Hah! "Set claw to Juicer"

And yeah, a friend of mine plays Hive fleet Jormungandr; which is Phil Kelly's black and yellow Tyranids as seen here:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/110585572.jpg

I plan on implementing some more Jormungandr trophies into my Death Spectres, since fluffwise they did help destroy most of the fleet.

Oh cool, that's great having rivalries between friends ;)

Vulkan

The dread looks fantastic. Can you tell me what you are using as a reference for the tribal art on his arm or did you just kake it up yourself?

Oh, well I use the images of the few marines that have the tribal markings, from Imperial Armor 10: Badab War Part 2, and also use Maori tribal tattoos as ideas as well. The Maori symbols and such are fantastic, and can also help with some personal ideas I have to incorporate other items into the armor.

Nice army :blush: Have you got an idea for the chapter badge? keep up the good work.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/ChapterSymbol.jpg

Well, that's the Chapter's common armorial symbol. I'll be waiting for another month for Forge World to release their transfer sheets(as they told me in an E-Mail), and then using those. :lol:

Great painting. It would be cool to add some blood splatters on the front of the tank as if it has just run down some Xenos but it may take some explaining to other players and be a bit OTT.

Keep up the good work.

Vulkan

Great painting. It would be cool to add some blood splatters on the front of the tank as if it has just run down some Xenos but it may take some explaining to other players and be a bit OTT.

Keep up the good work.

Vulkan

I have an idea....

Pics will follow in a few minutes...

Archived