How would i paint this?

Keyboard

Why, Adeptus Grey of course! Unless that's Boltgun Metal. I'd basecoat with GW paint and Badab Black the entire mini after I was finished for that extra sheen before a spray gloss laquer coating

I wasnt really aiming for a black colour, but a Dark Grey, with light gray as trim, helmet chest piece arm etc.

Well then, I would suggest Adeptus Battlegrey (Maybe with a Codex Grey Highlight) and Boltgun Metal, all washed Badab Black.

I wasnt really aiming for a black colour, but a Dark Grey, with light gray as trim, helmet chest piece arm etc.

Well then, I would suggest Adeptus Battlegrey (Maybe with a Codex Grey Highlight) and Boltgun Metal, all washed Badab Black.

I think several washes of BB would be needed to get that dark a grey from ABG, still, not like that's hard to do, right?

Having said that I think you'd get better colour consistency from something like Vallejo Model Colour Black Grey or German Grey perhaps. Coverage is almost as good as the Foundation paints if you shake well and there are colours either side of those that will work as shades/highlights in the VMC range to boot.

The trim could be done with ABG as a base, Codex Grey over that with a light BB wash and a highlight of CG to finish off.

i second the german grey from vallegio model colour it is a really nice consistencey. i would then use their dark sea green as the highlight and as the base colour for the arm and trims then progressivley work up to a neautral grey. the bonus is aswell these paint can be picked up in a box set for £20 which comes with a load of natural greens and some really nice yellows all in all i think you get 18 paints.

If your sticking with GW paints I'd say Adeptus Battlegrey basecoat, some thin higlights of Codex Grey and maybe a small tidbit of a Fortress Grey highlight then some nice thinned washes of Badab Black. Try not to load the model with Badab Black. You want a nice even dark grey. Its worth taking the time to do thin layers. Then if the right arm/shoulder pad trims/helmet are to be silver then Boltgun Metal basecoat followed by highlights of Chainmail and Mithril Silver, then a liberal washing of Badab Black and perhaps Asurmen Blue. The eyes seem to be an orange so I'd also suggest doing a Red Gore, Blood Red, Blazing Orange scheme. Hope that helps :D

Mr.Malevolent

Archived