Vehicles and CC firing

DAG42

If a vehicle was immobilized in CC can it fire on those models in it's half of the turn? I know troops can't, vehicles are allowed to leave CC, so I'm guessing yes. It happened in a game my friend played the other day. His opponent wanted to fire his LR. I can't ever remember this situation coming up, it being immobilized.

Thanks for your help guys.

If a vehicle was immobilized in CC can it fire on those models in it's half of the turn? I know troops can't, vehicles are allowed to leave CC, so I'm guessing yes. It happened in a game my friend played the other day. His opponent wanted to fire his LR. I can't ever remember this situation coming up, it being immobilized.

Thanks for your help guys.

Immobilized or not, a vehicle (except dread-types with a WS) can't be locked in close combat. So on it's own firing phase any vehicle can fire.

its also worth remembering that if you have assaulted a non ws vehicle.If it doesn't move in your opponents turn, as long as you are still in base contact you can attack in their assault phase, even though you are not "locked" in combat.

You can even get bonus attacks for charging, since you have to initiate combat again.

Techically, you should be moved 1" away from the vehicle at the end of the combat anyway.

its also worth remembering that if you have assaulted a non ws vehicle.If it doesn't move in your opponents turn, as long as you are still in base contact you can attack in their assault phase, even though you are not "locked" in combat.

I'd never heard this one before. Can you point me at a page in the rule book by chance?

You can even get bonus attacks for charging, since you have to initiate combat again.

Techically, you should be moved 1" away from the vehicle at the end of the combat anyway.

this is incorect.

there is no requirement to be moved 1" away, the only requirement is that a unit that moves in the movement phase (or shooting phase if you run or have some other way) must end its move 1" away, absolutly nothing requires you to move if you do not want to (again baring special rules like lash or rage). It will often be wise to move away, so you can get the charge bonus by assaulting back, but sometimes it will not, such as with dangerous terrain, or if your using grenades to attack with (cus you wont get the charge bonus anyway).

Archived