Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge #6

Greetings to all. I welcome to what is quickly becoming a regular event on the Bolter and Chainsword forums, Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge. We've tried this a number of different ways and each version brings new obstacles to overcome. In our first challenge, we did a required Part. Beyond the required part being used in the conversion and being identifiable in the finished conversion, participants were free to do as they pleased for the challenge. The Required part was the Chronus Torso. The second challenge we did we used the main part of Lysander as the required part. With the third Challenge we changed things around and made it a "Counts as" challenge. In this case particapants were challenged to make a Counts as Mephiston. WarInHeaven took over the next challenge and issued a challenge to Update an older model to stand along side the newer releases. Finally I returned to run the last challenge, a Counts as Azreal. Now I am here to issue you a new challenge. With that, Welcome to Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge #6!

This challenge will be similar to the "Counts As" Challenges of the past, but this time I will provide a set of stats and rules. You must build a model to meet those stats. There is no required part, but I do ask you be prepared to justify or explain how your model meets the stat line. If I provide a list of stats that includes Front Armor: 12 and you provide a tactical marine, I ask that you explain why it counts as having armor 12.

Challenge Stats
WS BS S I A F.ARM S.ARM R.ARM

WEAPONS: Heavy Machine cannon, either extreme rate of fire version, or heavy armor penetration version. Melee Combat Attachment. Medium Machine gun.

Note: I have deliberately not used names like "Auto Cannon" "Bolter" or"Bolt gun" in the description to open the challenge up and promote creativity.

For those of you who are new to this challenge, and want to know more about it, here is some information. If you have any additional question after reading this information, please post them in this thread: Interested in a conversion challenge?

Rules and Information for the Challenge:

What is this Conversion Challenge?

This conversion Challenge will be a 1 month challenge where in each participant will create a converted model within the guide lines set down for the challenge. In this challenge, the guide lines are to represent a particular character.

The Challenge is recorded has having started Sunday the 20th of March, at 12pm eastern time. All entries MUST be submitted prior the end time of April 20th, 12pm eastern time. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!

Limitation 1:

The conversion must be appropriate for this forum (Remember, we are on BolterandChainsword.com after all)

Limitation 2:

All submissions should be based on game appropriate bases, 40mm base or 60mm base are appropriate . Try to avoid putting the conversion on bases larger then 60mm.

Those are the only limitations.

When is this Challenge?

The Challenge began Sunday the 20th of March, at 12pm eastern time. The challenge will run until April 20th, 12pm eastern time. By April 20th, 12pm eastern time, ALL entries must be in.

How do I submit my conversion?

Post pics of it. There are several free image hosting services available online including Photobucket and Flickr. You can upload your pictures to those services and then post links to them in a thread on this forum. If you encounter difficulty in getting the pictures uploaded, I encourage you to ask for help. For additional information on taking good pictures of your miniature, We suggest you take a look at the B&C's Photoshop Tutorial: Profession Pics of your Minis.

What do I need to submit?

Pictures. for simplicity sake, I ask that you submit 5 shots of your conversion.

1) Front or head on shot

2) A shot from the left side

3) A Shot from the right side

4) A shot from the back side

5) A 3-view shot from the front-right, or front-left. You're choice.

Here are Examples of Each shot:

head on shot

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/head-on.jpg

The Camera is looking directly at the model and the model is facing right toward the camera.

Left Side shot

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/left-side.jpg

The Camera is looking directly at the model and the model is facing To the left edge of the frame. This helps give the judges a sence of the depth of the model. What may look like a flowing cloak from the front, could be shown to be a flat panel from the side

Back shot

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/back-shot.jpg

The Camera is looking directly at the model and the model is facing directly away from the camera.

Right Side

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/right-side.jpg

The Camera is looking directly at the model and the model is facing To the right edge of the frame. This helps give the judges a sence of the depth of the model. What may look like a flowing cloak from the front, could be shown to be a flat panel from the side.

3-view

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/3-view.jpg

This is the "Damn! Does this guy look hawt!" shot. It also helps give the judges a better sence of the model as a whole.

if the judges need a different shot of your conversion, we will contact you and ask for a specific shot.

Where do I send the pictures?

On this forum. Submit a post in this thread.

What about painting? As already stated, this is a Conversion contest. Not a Golden Daemon or Golden Bolter. You will receive no extra credit for a good paint job. In truth, painting your conversion before we announce the winners will probably hurt your chances at winning as painting tends to hides a conversion.

Check out the prior challenges: Challenge 1 – Kronus’ Torso Challenge 2- Lysanders Body

Challenge 3- Character Challange: Mephiston

Challenge 4- Revamping an Old Model (Run by WarInHaven)

Challenge 5- Character Challenge: Azreal

You know, as far as I've seen, people don't start submitting their entries until towards the end of the challenge.. Do you intend to keep bumping this until the 20th April so people can find it to submit it, or are you bumping it so more people see there's a challenge?

You know, as far as I've seen, people don't start submitting their entries until towards the end of the challenge.. Do you intend to keep bumping this until the 20th April so people can find it to submit it, or are you bumping it so more people see there's a challenge?

the later.

Point of clarification: you did not indicate the model type. As it has a WS, S and Armor, are we to assume it's a walker? Or can I convert a daemonic possesses skimmer with those stats?

There is no required model type. You may make what ever you want, so long as you can explain how your model meets those stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Entry!

here we go, as you can see he perfectly fits all the requirements and all coming in at around the height of a space marine knee.

I'll take that banner now because no one else has entered yet :)

(please note that this post is meant in good jest and is not a slander on the Bolter and Chainsword or Maverike Primes conversion competition

++EDIT++

Although the image does go against the grain of what we allow here (Ie it is clearly non PA themed), i'll allow it solely for the purpose of the challenge, however I do expect next time everyone will remember to take the board rules into consideration.

For the Str and Toughness I thank DV8 for

He's the Hulk, pre-emo-rage. The angrier he gets, the bigger/stronger he gets. He is green after all...

Armour...

Have you seen that terrifying helmet and leather armour and leather shoes , it is widely known that Orc Hide is naturally tough, so much so that when cured and dried into a leather it can stop all small arms fire, its only weakness is the back of the Orc Hide armour as fearsome Gretchin do not need strong rear armour as the enemy is to their front and they shall not flee, its a lesser known fact that the only thing Darnath Lysander, Marneus Calgar, Commisar Yarrick, Ghazgull Thraka, the Nightbringer etc etc etc and Khorne fear is a Gretchin in Orc Hide Leather Armour, Gretchin Skull cap and a "So long and thanks for all the fish blaster", the only thing they fear more than a gretchin equipped this way is meeting 2.

The only thing tougher than Orc Hide Armour is the feared and loathed Gretchin Skull Cap, made from the toughest material in the universe Gretchinskullcapium, it can only be refined to make gretchin skull caps as the machinery to accomplish just this task requires the resources of the Orc equivalent of a Forge World, therefore should anything bigger be created out of Gretchinskullcapium the facilities would be bigger than the planet it resides on; Gretchin skull caps have been known to survive direct Lascannon hits but only 1 in 3 times will the Gretchin go unhurt, 1 in 6 times he will be stunned or even incapacitated for a turn and 1 time in 2 the Gretchin will suffer some fatal damage only for the regiment he is in to fire at whosoever dared to kill a Gretchin killing the guilty party and anything else within a 2 mile radius to the front of the Gretchin.

Archived