Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge #6

For the Str and Toughness I thank DV8 for
He's the Hulk, pre-emo-rage. The angrier he gets, the bigger/stronger he gets. He is green after all...

Armour...

Have you seen that terrifying helmet and leather armour and leather shoes , it is widely known that Orc Hide is naturally tough, so much so that when cured and dried into a leather it can stop all small arms fire, its only weakness is the back of the Orc Hide armour as fearsome Gretchin do not need strong rear armour as the enemy is to their front and they shall not flee, its a lesser known fact that the only thing Darnath Lysander, Marneus Calgar, Commisar Yarrick, Ghazgull Thraka, the Nightbringer etc etc etc and Khorne fear is a Gretchin in Orc Hide Leather Armour, Gretchin Skull cap and a "So long and thanks for all the fish blaster", the only thing they fear more than a gretchin equipped this way is meeting 2.

The only thing tougher than Orc Hide Armour is the feared and loathed Gretchin Skull Cap, made from the toughest material in the universe Gretchinskullcapium, it can only be refined to make gretchin skull caps as the machinery to accomplish just this task requires the resources of the Orc equivalent of a Forge World, therefore should anything bigger be created out of Gretchinskullcapium the facilities would be bigger than the planet it resides on; Gretchin skull caps have been known to survive direct Lascannon hits but only 1 in 3 times will the Gretchin go unhurt, 1 in 6 times he will be stunned or even incapacitated for a turn and 1 time in 2 the Gretchin will suffer some fatal damage only for the regiment he is in to fire at whosoever dared to kill a Gretchin killing the guilty party and anything else within a 2 mile radius to the front of the Gretchin.

okay... that deserves a reward if for no other reason then the sheer amount of bs you crammed into it!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/6th_cckind_of.jpg

A GRETCHEN !!!!!! REALLY !!!!!! (I guess he could be the hulk ;) )

Anyhoooo, onwards

Brothers and Sisters, Loyalists and Heretics, I present to you my entry into Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge #6 2011,

Inquisitorial/Mechanicus walker

FRONT

gallery_48988_6010_624613.jpg

Right SIDE

gallery_48988_6010_222773.jpg

REAR

gallery_48988_6010_95911.jpg

Left SIDE

gallery_48988_6010_655737.jpg

3 VIEW FRONT LEFT

gallery_48988_6010_868735.jpg

WEAPONS:

Heavy Machine cannon => Twin Linked Heavy Bolters

Melee Combat Attachment => Chainblades

Medium Machine gun=> Flamer (I know its not a "machine gun", but I interpreted this to mean a smaller, close range gun)

STAT LINE:

Front Armour=> Dreadnaught Plate

Side Armour=> The gun arms

The rest of the stats are fairly straight forward, imo anyways....

Cheers, and lets hope for more entries.....

Jono

For the Str and Toughness I thank DV8 for
He's the Hulk, pre-emo-rage. The angrier he gets, the bigger/stronger he gets. He is green after all...

Armour...

Have you seen that terrifying helmet and leather armour and leather shoes , it is widely known that Orc Hide is naturally tough, so much so that when cured and dried into a leather it can stop all small arms fire, its only weakness is the back of the Orc Hide armour as fearsome Gretchin do not need strong rear armour as the enemy is to their front and they shall not flee, its a lesser known fact that the only thing Darnath Lysander, Marneus Calgar, Commisar Yarrick, Ghazgull Thraka, the Nightbringer etc etc etc and Khorne fear is a Gretchin in Orc Hide Leather Armour, Gretchin Skull cap and a "So long and thanks for all the fish blaster", the only thing they fear more than a gretchin equipped this way is meeting 2.

The only thing tougher than Orc Hide Armour is the feared and loathed Gretchin Skull Cap, made from the toughest material in the universe Gretchinskullcapium, it can only be refined to make gretchin skull caps as the machinery to accomplish just this task requires the resources of the Orc equivalent of a Forge World, therefore should anything bigger be created out of Gretchinskullcapium the facilities would be bigger than the planet it resides on; Gretchin skull caps have been known to survive direct Lascannon hits but only 1 in 3 times will the Gretchin go unhurt, 1 in 6 times he will be stunned or even incapacitated for a turn and 1 time in 2 the Gretchin will suffer some fatal damage only for the regiment he is in to fire at whosoever dared to kill a Gretchin killing the guilty party and anything else within a 2 mile radius to the front of the Gretchin.

okay... that deserves a reward if for no other reason then the sheer amount of bs you crammed into it!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/6th_cckind_of.jpg

Thanking you very much :mellow: ;) ;)

I would like to but I dont have any side shots of the model, I only have pics of front, back and 3-view shot.

Oh, and by the way, I ask this because I honestly dont know. Can I enter a terminator with lightning claws?

Take a look in my gallery if you need to see the model.

I would like to but I dont have any side shots of the model, I only have pics of front, back and 3-view shot.

Oh, and by the way, I ask this because I honestly dont know. Can I enter a terminator with lightning claws?

Take a look in my gallery if you need to see the model.

You may enter anything you like. The qualifier is that it must be able to reasonably be representative of the following stats:

Challenge Stats
WS BS S I A F.ARM S.ARM R.ARM

WEAPONS: Heavy Machine cannon, either extreme rate of fire version, or heavy armor penetration version. Melee Combat Attachment. Medium Machine gun.

This was stated in the first post of this challenge.

What's your reasoning for the various requirements?

Limitation 1:

The conversion must be appropriate for this forum (Remember, we are on BolterandChainsword.com after all)

We're on Bolterandchainsword.com A power Armor based forum. Would be a bit pointless to post an entry that get deleted by the Admin. I suppose if you want to argue it, Grotsmasha's entry could be defined as violating this limit because it's an IG model. But it does count as having the stat line for a dreadnought which is allowed on the forums. So unless I get a message from Kurgen about it violating board policy, it's good to go.

Limitation 2:

All submissions should be based on game appropriate bases, 40mm base or 60mm base are appropriate . Try to avoid putting the conversion on bases larger then 60mm.

This is actually a hold over from the previous challenges where the models were infantry based models. In reality it doesn't apply to this challenge.

As for the stat line/required part/count as approach used in the different challenges.... what's the alternative? "Make me a cool looking model" ? Yeah, good luck comparing an infantry model to a dreadnought to a predator.

Ok then, here is my entry. For those of you that might be interested, the chapter is called the Storm Raiders.

Okay, you're going to need to justify how it meets the following stats:

Challenge Stats

WEAPONS: Heavy Machine cannon, either extreme rate of fire version, or heavy armor penetration version. Melee Combat Attachment. Medium Machine gun.

Ok then, here is my entry. For those of you that might be interested, the chapter is called the Storm Raiders.

Challenge Stats

How many times do I have to say it? I dont understad any thing of those things. That is why I asked in the first place.

Well I reckon you should just leave it be :) first of all your terminator isn't converted and it'll be hard to convince maverike that his two lightning claws double as a heavy machine gun. But you know GW shops give a free lesson in playing right?

Challenge Stats

How many times do I have to say it? I dont understad any thing of those things. That is why I asked in the first place.

I'm sorry then, magnefjord. Shy of handing you a copy of the rule book there's not much I can do to explain it.

What's your reasoning for the various requirements?

Limitation 1:

The conversion must be appropriate for this forum (Remember, we are on BolterandChainsword.com after all)

We're on Bolterandchainsword.com A power Armor based forum. Would be a bit pointless to post an entry that get deleted by the Admin. I suppose if you want to argue it, Grotsmasha's entry could be defined as violating this limit because it's an IG model. But it does count as having the stat line for a dreadnought which is allowed on the forums. So unless I get a message from Kurgen about it violating board policy, it's good to go.

Limitation 2:

All submissions should be based on game appropriate bases, 40mm base or 60mm base are appropriate . Try to avoid putting the conversion on bases larger then 60mm.

This is actually a hold over from the previous challenges where the models were infantry based models. In reality it doesn't apply to this challenge.

As for the stat line/required part/count as approach used in the different challenges.... what's the alternative? "Make me a cool looking model" ? Yeah, good luck comparing an infantry model to a dreadnought to a predator.

No, no, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to magnefjord. Sorry! :devil:

Well I reckon you should just leave it be :P first of all your terminator isn't converted and it'll be hard to convince maverike that his two lightning claws double as a heavy machine gun. But you know GW shops give a free lesson in playing right?

I know that and I have tried playing but I still dont get it. Frankly I dont care much about playing I only like to build and paint.

Well I reckon you should just leave it be :ph34r: first of all your terminator isn't converted and it'll be hard to convince maverike that his two lightning claws double as a heavy machine gun. But you know GW shops give a free lesson in playing right?

I know that and I have tried playing but I still dont get it. Frankly I dont care much about playing I only like to build and paint.

all I can suggest is grab a copy of the rule book or pick up the Assault on Black Reach set and start reading and start playing.

If you can't justify the model's stats as stated by maverike's rules and don't want to learn to play, then I'd say that your terminator is invalid. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

P.S. I've been playing for over a year and I'm still learning the rules fully, just read the rules twice or so and keep the book around for reference when playing.

Out of time! I talked too much trash not to turn in an entry, so here it is.

gallery_31750_4411_6235.jpg

Cool pose.

gallery_31750_4411_55511.jpg

Right.

gallery_31750_4411_7602.jpg

Left.

gallery_31750_4411_59041.jpg

Back.

gallery_31750_4411_61668.jpg

Front.

If he looks a little incomplete he is. I have covered all the bases though and think the model "could" be finished as it stands. I would like to thank Maverike Prime for holding this challenge to motivating me to get this thing started and apologise for letting time get the best of me.

Archived