Maverike Prime's Conversion Challenge #6

Okay, here's my entry. I know I'm 14 minutes late, but I don't care. It's 2 in the morning here in Brisbane and I've been cutting and super glueing plastic card for the last 12 hours straight. I can't see straight, I got the shakes really bad, and I've got to go to work in 4 1/2 hours. I enjoyed the journey though, and I hope you guys like my walker. My thanks have to go to Maverike Prime for providing the motivation for me to get this project this far. I'll finish detailing it some time soon, I promise :lol:

gallery_59506_6028_36003.jpg

gallery_59506_6028_166.jpg

gallery_59506_6028_20376.jpg

gallery_59506_6028_45536.jpg

gallery_59506_6028_22643.jpg

gallery_59506_6028_13742.jpg

Good night, I'm off to bed!

Sorry for the delay all. The challenge is now closed. I admit, we got fewer entries then I had expected but the ones we did get that qualified were seriously impressive. I'm really swamped right now so it'll be a few days before I can get the winner posted.

okay all, I admit I was a little disapointed by the number of entries. But I was blown away by the quality of them. I hope it was a good challenge and it helped to push everyone creativity. Of the three valid entries we had there was a slasher of Ad-mech (Remind me to stay away from Grotsmasha if he ever does a world eater's army. That will be scary), a psycho... bird.... dread....chicken....crow....thing.... by Small Victory, and what I am reasonably sure is a scratch build that is based off of a Heavy Gear design by Stroganoff. All three entries were extremely creative (and slightly disturbing in some ways), and were interesting takes on the base dreadnought stat line I posted. It was far from an easy selection to pick a winner. In the end, creepyness helped out setting Small Victory ahead of his competitors!

Congrats Small Victory!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/winner_06.png

Please download your victory banner and host it yourself. If you use it in your signature I ask that you link back to the main Conversion Challenge thread located at: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=200856&hl=

Once again, great work all. Those would make some interesting looking dreads in any army.

Hey, what do you know! I am absolutly honored to have been chosen to be the winner, I figured I had the gretchin beat but it could have been anybody. I must say that building a dread from the ground up is a huge undertaking, no doubt that's the reason for the low turnout, I bet there are at least six other half built monsters out there. Gonna throw some paint on him next week so he can go in the H.O.H. where he belongs.

I'll make sure to link the banner as soon as I figure out how, I know how to add it to my sig, but linking it is beyond my current skill level.

Hey, what do you know! I am absolutly honored to have been chosen to be the winner, I figured I had the gretchin beat but it could have been anybody. I must say that building a dread from the ground up is a huge undertaking, no doubt that's the reason for the low turnout, I bet there are at least six other half built monsters out there. Gonna throw some paint on him next week so he can go in the H.O.H. where he belongs.

I'll make sure to link the banner as soon as I figure out how, I know how to add it to my sig, but linking it is beyond my current skill level.

you forgot to close the img bracket.

you have: <a href="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=66691" target="_blank">%5Dhttp%3A//www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1303781916/gallery_31750_4411_40133.png%5B/img tag. so that it's [/img]</a>

Bravo Smallvictory! I had my doubts when I saw that die, but the end result was original and impressive.

I eagerly look forward to the next challenge, but please Maverike, make it something a little bit simpler so I don't have to spend so many nights ignoring my girlfriend - apologies are getting expensive!

Well done smallvictory! It was a very impressive birdread :huh:

As for the next challenge, Maverike, I know you're probably getting sick of people telling you how to do your competition :P but if you intend to do another stat line challenge, could you make the stat line yourself, rather than taking an existing one? Like I got pretty psyched about this one until I realised that the only thing I could really make work with it was a dread or some varient thereof. Would have been cool to see the armour values and then go for something like WS 9 or BS 2 or something crazy like that. Looking forward to it!

Bravo Smallvictory! I had my doubts when I saw that die, but the end result was original and impressive.

I eagerly look forward to the next challenge, but please Maverike, make it something a little bit simpler so I don't have to spend so many nights ignoring my girlfriend - apologies are getting expensive!

Hey, I'm not the one who decided to build a heavy gear from scratch.

Well done smallvictory! It was a very impressive birdread :lol:

As for the next challenge, Maverike, I know you're probably getting sick of people telling you how to do your competition :P but if you intend to do another stat line challenge, could you make the stat line yourself, rather than taking an existing one? Like I got pretty psyched about this one until I realised that the only thing I could really make work with it was a dread or some varient thereof. Would have been cool to see the armour values and then go for something like WS 9 or BS 2 or something crazy like that. Looking forward to it!

Well the point of it was to make something that was legal in game. But I'll see what I can find next time.

Archived