Vanguard vets!

Zetzue

Hmm i was planing on using a squad of VV for my list with. So how shall i run them with jump packs and deep strike and hope for a good roll on the reservs rolls or drop the jp and give them a drop pod and get them in first turn and use heroic intervention? ;)

I run a squad of ten to great effect. They have jump packs to use heroic intervention. I use them in conjunction with a drop podding dread. Even if the pod has a locator beacon people often tend to forget it when they have a multi melta toting dread at the rear of their lines!

I would defo recommend at least 3 power weapons and 2 power fists, on top of the sergeants power weapon. That a means that you can combat squad them and have 2 PW and a PF in each squad.

I run a squad of ten to great effect. They have jump packs to use heroic intervention. I use them in conjunction with a drop podding dread. Even if the pod has a locator beacon people often tend to forget it when they have a multi melta toting dread at the rear of their lines!

I would defo recommend at least 3 power weapons and 2 power fists, on top of the sergeants power weapon. That a means that you can combat squad them and have 2 PW and a PF in each squad.

Alright that sounds awesome ! but when the arrive from deep strike with H I may the walk ? or can the only assault ?

You declare HI, deploy them, and if in range you assault or nothing.

As for VV loadout, there has been a thread, which you may find in Blood Angels Resource Project in the sticky ones here - there is a good discussion on this topic.

In general, you may equip them anyway you see fit, anyway you like it, they are a very flexible unit. You may find numerous loadouts that worked well for many people. Just remember - 10 men squad loaded with PWs would cost you approx. 400 points. A bit expensive -_-

Yep that's the rule above.also remember that if you do combat squad them then you roll for thei reserves separately and they arrive separately.

That's actually not correct according to the new FAQ. You don't combat squad until you deploy from reserves, so you only make one roll for all ten to come on and have to deploy both squads at the same time. They can deploy in separate locations however.

ya the are expensive with full pw tho i wont run them with full pw no fun if the scatter ;P play alot agens eldar and he is no fun at all only uses ap 2 weps so i need to be careful with my 2 adn 3+ saves units becuse if the are out in combat he always kills halv of my units -.- have to take transports for everyting...

I've been thinking about making a VV squad composed of single LC's and SS, with the sarge toting a thunder hammer with SS for effect. Seems like the kind of thing that could take on or at least tarpit deathstar units and survive more than a round or two of combat.

Archived