LSS: Jamming Beacon

Question is can the jamming beacon work on the Mawloc? I know it works on all deep striking units within 6" of LSS, but the Mawloc comes from the ground?? Any help would be appreciated. :D

yes, deep striking is not limited to teleportation, it can be jumping from a low flying aircraft, and burrowing up from the ground..

the rules say the mawloc 'deepstrikes' so the LSS do affect them

The rule specifically states that it has an effect against teleport homers and chaos icons. Both teleporting and summoning daemons works via the warp, so there is an indication that the LSS jamming beacon has some sort of warp interference. In that case it is conceivable that it can disrupt the hive mind slightly, just enough to confuse the Mawloc or Trygon and make them miss the perfect spot to burst out of the ground.

But from a rules point of view, it disrupts deep strike, Maclocs and Trygons are deployed via deep strike.

interesting follow-on question: would it affect jump troops from a stormraven using skies of blood? Deploy as deep striking...?

again yes, becuase the term 'deepstrike' is used.. the actual mechanics can be confusing, but the jamming beaon affects all deepstrikers regardless of thier delivery method

thanks. :lol:

Is it viable to use a LSS as part of a gunline to redirect where deep striking units land?

I'd never thought of that. I guess you could, but 6'' isn't a huge area of denial. Most deep striking units could deep strike outside the bubble and still shoot you up and disrupt your line. Maybe if there's lots of impassable terrain you could plug a hole.

But this tactic prevents you using the LSS's best ability: it's speed, and ability to deliver scouts right where your opponent doesn't want them

I guess you could, but 6'' isn't a huge area of denial.

without discussing tactics its a 6" bubble in all directions, its therefore 12" from end to end and quite a large area.. (it should be enough to prevent heavy flamers and double penning combi-meltas) ooops i couldnt help myself

I think the useful tactic with LSs's is that you rarely use the jammier except when you know your opponent will be using heavy Icon's/Homer uses. The 12" bubble still feels like 6 inches because I haven't seen to many players want to take down my LSS with a vengeance just yet. Not at least with a deeps-tricking unit. ... 4d 6 scatter only has happened to my opponents 2 times. It is rare and for having 2 LSS in my army that with that to help in a game. It something to toss out in a toury for sure... People aren't use to it and can knock a player off his feet. Icon lock down you can plan.... The scatter is only if they commit to it before knowing what they are getting into. ....

Archived