Objective Claiming

Brother Ragnil

So I'm a new player and upon reading the 5th Ed. rules, and looking at the CSM 5th Ed. along with its FAQs/Errata on the GW website, I have the following question: If an Assault Squad opts to replace their Jump Packs for a transport (i.e. Drop Pod) and is then counted as Infantry, are they allowed to claim objectives? To clarify, I know that Troops are scoring units, and count as Infantry, but is the Infantry status "transitive" in the sense that if other units outside of Troops become Infantry can they claim objectives?

I feel I already know the answer to this question, but I would just like some clarification. Thanks!

No, assault squads in codex space marines are not scoring whether or not they have jump packs.

Only Troops selections are scoring, excepting special rules such as Sternguard with Kantor.

indeed being scoring and being infantry are entirely non-corilated. For example tyranids can have a tervigon be a troops choice, and thus be scoring dispite beint a monsterous creature. The only limits based on unit type is that vehicles are not scoring.

That's true. While I'm not as versed in other armies, I did forget that there are some monstrous creatures that can be taken as troops. Thanks to all for the further examples, and i am envious of the Dark Angels myself for that matter :D.

Archived