Exploding Ork trukks.

ShinyRhino

Quick questiont hat came up in one of my games on Saturday. If an Ork trukk (or other vehicle with the Ramshackle rule) takes a Destroyed - Explodes! result, do the passengers end up in the crater, or outside the crater?

One of my opponents read the Ramshackle result to me, and said they "must disembark," which he interpreted as "pop the Orks out of the trukk up to 2" away, THEN place the crater." I was surprised at that, since normally when something exlpodes you remove the vehicle, and place surviving passengers in the resulting crater. They then have an instant cover save from following shooting attacks.

Honestly, it was more advantageous for me to have them outside the trukk, as I shot the snot out of them with the remainder of my units, with no saves, as opposed to giving them 4+ cover saves. I just want to make sure we were doing this correctly.

I don't think there even is a crater involved in the "Kaboom!" result of Ork Trukks.

The initial "The Trukk explodes, catapulting flaming debris and stunned Orks in all directions." is basically just flavour text. It does not state that this is the same as the "Explodes" result from the regular vehicle damage table.

The actual rules for the "Kaboom!" are what follows: "The Trukk is destroyed. All passengers and models within D6" take a Strength 3 hit. Surviving passengers must disembark and take a Pinning test."

I.e. the Trukk is simply "destroyed". It is not replaced with a crater and instead remains on the table as a wreck.

Archived