extra attack for dual CC weapons

Cpt_Reaper

Last night over xbox live I was chatting to one of my gaming buddies, uDarkWolf. Wolf asks me about most rules as I have read the 5th Ed book...too many times and am considered a bit of a guru on rules questions. But he stumped me with the following.

A Space Marine Sergeant has 2 attacks as base. He should get a bonus attack for having a bolt pistol and CC weapon, thus making his attacks number 3. I was told once by a friend who got me into 40k that a Sgt has 1 attack and gains the second if armed with the BP/CC combo. Now I question that...what is the actual result?

Second question, Wolf thinks his 'stealers have 4 attacks each, because they have two sets of arms. This is in addition to their base attacks (which I can't remember the value). Can you clear this up for me so I can relay it back to him?

The sergeant will get 3 attacks if he didn't charge. Only 2 if he has a power fist.

The 'Stealer has 2 basic, 3 on the charge. The Nid codex says explicitly that they do not get bonus attacks for their CCWs and that any bonus attacks are already in their profile.

for some units, even though they have 2-4 hand or might actually carry or be modelled with 2-4 claws/blades etc, its what the unit has in its codex section that is relevant.

A tyranid trygon has 6 claw type things, and a big mouth, yet still only gets its base amount of attacks :D

yup, that's been my understanding of things. Sgt gets base 2 attacks, 3 if having dual CCWs, and 4 if charging into combat. Sgt with power fist only gets 2 attacks, since he would need a 2nd power fist to gain an additional attack, although, he does get the +1 bonus attack if charging.

No matter the number of arms on the model, the nids get their base attacks, and charge bonus if charging. The only alteration of this I know of, is the bigger nids armed with more than one set of scything claws (see nid codex).

Just my thoughts,

Rymeer

yup, that's been my understanding of things. Sgt gets base 2 attacks, 3 if having dual CCWs, and 4 if charging into combat. Sgt with power fist only gets 2 attacks, since he would need a 2nd power fist to gain an additional attack, although, he does get the +1 bonus attack if charging.

No matter the number of arms on the model, the nids get their base attacks, and charge bonus if charging. The only alteration of this I know of, is the bigger nids armed with more than one set of scything claws (see nid codex).

Just my thoughts,

Rymeer

It's still base attacks in this case. One set of scything talons allows you to re-roll 1s To Hit and a pair allows you to re-roll misses. The extra talons just change their effects, there are no extra attacks.

Archived