Fighting the hordes of Chaos

Reichfaust

Well I am pretty pleased with myself: Went to my local club for the first time, found some other newcomers and me and my Chaos buddy formed an uneasy alliance to take on two Dark Angels players! (I challenge anyone to try think of a fluffy reason this would happen other than my Marines being renegades!)

It was 1000 pts each, this is what I took:

HQ - Master of the Forge Conversion Beamer, Bike

Troops - Tactical Squad Multimelta, Flamer, Rhino

Troops - Scout Snipers 3x Snipers, H.Bolter, Sgt. Telion

Heavy - Devastators 2x H.Bolter, 2x Plasma Cannon

Heavy - Devastators 2x Lascannon, 2x Missile Launcher

Heavy - Vindicator Siege Shield

And it worked out great. My Chaos ally was rocking Berserkers, Noise Marines and CSMs, along with a Defiler and a Daemon Prince. Our opponents were using a Deathwing and a Ravenwing army, and did not have a lot of bodies on the table. I now understand the benefits of quantity over quality! One of our opponents had a LR Crusader but I immobilised it on turn one with a Lascannon from across the table! Also, my Forge Master absolutely dominated the battle, he took out a entire 5-man DA Veteran squad in one turn and three bikes the next! Putting him on a bike was definitely the way to go, but he did take a wound from a failed dangerous terrain test! Whoops..

Long story short, I won my first "real" game, and I owe it all to taking a buttload of long range firepower--This is why I chose Codex SM over Black Templars!

Good to hear, and it sounds like you had fun as well. The list looks OK, although I do worry about the fact that the MoF is on his own, meaning a lascannon shot will kill him in one shot. Other than that, you've matched your weapons for Devs well, support your squads well with long-ranged firepower and short-ranged firepower, and hopefully you can build on this. Best of luck for the future.

Cheers DarkGuard. I just finished reading your Codex Space Marines 101 guide, awesome stuff! Thanks for the tips!

No worries, I'm glad that you found it useful. Best of luck again with your next games.

Archived