alternative to baal predator.

heretic??ME??

Heh just had an idea. It might go down well or not but....

The IG guys obviously have the salamnder scout vehicle http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Salamander_Scout_Vehicle and I'm thinking that a similar modded rhino crewed by scouts might look quite cool. Yeh its not very fluffy but it would fill the whole scout rule nicely and since we don't have landspeeder storms......

yeah.....there is a reason why we dont have landspeeder storms.. they are useless and a waste of points.

i dont know that I would say that, when i played vanilla marines, i ran 2 in almost every list. Heavy flamer and a scout squad with a PF, great for grabbin those las minute objectives/contesting. They are one of those units that looks like crap on paper but works well in real world

yeah.....there is a reason why we dont have landspeeder storms.. they are useless and a waste of points.

i dont know that I would say that, when i played vanilla marines, i ran 2 in almost every list. Heavy flamer and a scout squad with a PF, great for grabbin those las minute objectives/contesting. They are one of those units that looks like crap on paper but works well in real world

I agree, I was a little bumbed when they didnt have the Storm in our codes, I always run 1-2 squads in my list for that very reason: objective grabbing and possible light armour and gun emplacements.

I love landspeder storms because:

5 scouts with shotguns and a powerfist mounted in a storm with a multimelta is 165 points.

10 scouts with a sergeant with a powerfist is 165 points.

I like the drop-and-swap of those 2 units.

Plus, a storm flying in formation with 2 multimelta speeders looks badass. And looking badass is more important than winning.

Landspeeder Storms are bad?

With first turn, you get flat out scout, 12" move unload, and assault the rear of a vehicle autohitting with a powerfist because your opponent hasn't even taken a turn yet. It's one of the best combos in the vanilla codex.

Yeah the lack of storms in the codex kinda goes against the high mobility of the BA. In a protracted campaign the scouts are going to fall behind.

Allthough a SRaven kinda fills the role of the Storm, but at a much high intensity.

This idea is really just a modelling idea...

Plus, a storm flying in formation with 2 multimelta speeders looks badass. And looking badass is more important than winning.
Nice to see that the old BA spirit hasn't left B)

It's such a missed chance.. I wish we could have done the whole Apocalypse Now BA Army if we just had LS Storms..

You know, 3 Stormravens armed to the teeth, and then filling up the rest with dedicated transport LS Storms filled with scouts and variously armed Landspeeders as firing support.

Now that would be an awesome apocalypse army!

Nice to see that the old BA spirit hasn't left :P

It's such a missed chance.. I wish we could have done the whole Apocalypse Now BA Army if we just had LS Storms..

You know, 3 Stormravens armed to the teeth, and then filling up the rest with dedicated transport LS Storms filled with scouts and variously armed Landspeeders as firing support.

Now that would be an awesome apocalypse army!

I think you'd have to blast Flight of the Valkyries every every game during setup/Turn One. Then break out the surfboard after a victory

I had a brief idea, and my older brother now insists I must go thru with it. 2,000 Pt DC army with three fully loaded SRs, three DC dreads with talons, Astorath and 5 jp DC with TH. Two 10 man DC squads with TH each, one with a PW. Reserve it all, use the DC dreads to catch squads for the DC to crush. Of course it would be a victory thru annihilation build, but man would it be fun. I doubt it would win often, but with flight of the Valkyries playing it would be a battle my opponents remember.

Archived