psychic defense against Space Wolf Characters

Dusktiger

the Space Wolves have a named character, Njal Stormcaller, that has a special power he rolls every turn for. its a D3 roll + the turn your on, and the result cooresponds to some effect he causes to the board that turn.

Here is my question; would you say that this is a psychic power that can be nullified by the presence of a Psychic Hood in your army?

the SW player that uses him thinks that it's immune to being nullified, and i'm not certain if i read it the same way or not. So has anyone else here come across this, and what if your consensus? can it be nullified? or no?

Lord of Tempests (Njal's every turn effect) is a character special rule, not a psychic power. It cannot be stopped, nullified, or whatever else.

This. I'm afraid that a psychic hood won't work, and you just have to live with the effects. I know that there's one I like seeing my opponent roll up, it only effects models without an AV value, and I play a mech list so it's a nice respite. However, the only way to nullify it is to kill Njal himself. Of course, it is more difficult than it sounds, but IIRC he's not immune to instant death so if you can get him on his own with a power fist or if you're lucky a meltagun you can easily take him out.

Lord of Tempests (Njal's every turn effect) is a character special rule, not a psychic power. It cannot be stopped, nullified, or whatever else.

This. I'm afraid that a psychic hood won't work, and you just have to live with the effects. I know that there's one I like seeing my opponent roll up, it only effects models without an AV value, and I play a mech list so it's a nice respite. However, the only way to nullify it is to kill Njal himself. Of course, it is more difficult than it sounds, but IIRC he's not immune to instant death so if you can get him on his own with a power fist or if you're lucky a meltagun you can easily take him out.

Correct. I splashed him with a lascannon once when one of my buddies brainfarted and split him off from his unit.

yea, i've killed him off before with instant death. He had a brain fart against my blood angel librarian, and my force weapon instant-killed him. just wanted to be sure his tempest rule was in fact immune to external modifiers or not.

There are very, very few psychic effects these days that dont require a test. Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are Warlock powers from C:Eldar.

Correct, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were changed as the Eldar Codex is a 4th Ed Codex. For example, they changed the Horror from not requiring a test to needing one, it just seems to be the way that 5th Ed is doing things.

Archived