Unit in h2h capture objective still?

traxter

So i got a draw out of my last game because i could not find the ruling on this but just curious, i was BA against IG and last turn i charged into his 30 man squad that was holding an objective. He was spread so that combat was started 3 and half inches away from objective but his squad that was in hand to hand was still within 2 inches of said objective, so they were in hand to hand combat with me but were still holding the objective and per the 3' rule for contesting, i was technically not. BUT it was IG vs BA... 1 more turn and there wouldn't of been a question over who held it :D but game ended that turn. So is this Faq'd anywhere? I dont see how a squad in hand to hand could possibly count as holding an objective. Thanks

The rules do not specify, so as long as he has some guys there, but you don't, he gets the objective. If they are still alive, than means his men are currently still struggling but managing to keep the enemy away from it. It does not matter whether it is a unit of Death Company they are in close combat with or whether there are a few units of Dark Reapers eagerly weaiting to fire another volley. At the point the game ends, he still has some guys at the objective.

You werent within 3" you dont contest.

It sucks, but thats how it goes some days.

It does suck but is balanced by other instances such as;

An assault that due to react move pulls your opponent off an objective or objectives if they are conga lined between two.

Your pile-in move actually gets you with 3" of the objective thus contesting it.

It does suck but is balanced by other instances such as;

An assault that due to react move pulls your opponent off an objective or objectives if they are conga lined between two.

Your pile-in move actually gets you with 3" of the objective thus contesting it.

Exactly right. The balance is actually in favor of the attacker here, I feel.

Archived