CSM and Bad Molding

Gaz Taylor

Just a thought

A couple of weeks ago I found out a box of Chaos Space Marines I have had lying around for a few years. Spent a couple of nights assembling them and noticed the dodgy detail on the legs of a couple of the models. Is this still an issue or have GW fixed this?

ta

I haven't come across any miscasts in the latest two CSM boxes that I've bought.

It's not a miscast as such but more lack of detail. It's when the kneepads seem to merge with the shin or where there is detail around the model for the edging but it just seems to disapear when it gets to the knee or ankle

That happened to me with the Khorne Berzerker boxes, the leg details around the knees and armour trims were often 'sunk' into the armour plates.

Is there any chance that you are able to return the box to a store, or are the models already cut out and assembled?

Is there any chance that you are able to return the box to a store, or are the models already cut out and assembled?

Been cut out already :)

I was under the impression that these models have always had this problem.

Are you asking if GW have recut the metal mould? The price usually cited is 10-20 000 pounds per mould, so I can't see them changing anything. When they get a new mould I'm sure they'll redesign the kit beforehand.

Are you asking if GW have recut the metal mould? The price usually cited is 10-20 000 pounds per mould, so I can't see them changing anything. When they get a new mould I'm sure they'll redesign the kit beforehand.

I suppose I am kind of asking that. I would have thought over the years the moulds would have worn out and they would have looked at slightly tweaking this

It's not a miscast as such but more lack of detail. It's when the kneepads seem to merge with the shin or where there is detail around the model for the edging but it just seems to disapear when it gets to the knee or ankle

Alot or maybe all of my "new" csm from the plastic box set, are like that. i just thought that was the way they were.

Archived