Reclusiarch or Lemartes

AGPO

I'm new to this whole 40k malarky but at the moment the army I'm working towards features a reclusiarch with jump pack to lead my Death Company. I've seen quite a few posts saying how amaing Lemartes is supposed to be, and what with him being five points less than a reclusiarch, I wondered which people think is the better option. I'm collecting Angels Sanguine, so I'll be building a 'counts as' who could be used as either.

why not save some points and take just a Chaplin? You still get some DC advantage, get a solid CC element added to your army, get to create a cool model, but you have not created a lynch pin in the army, in other words if Lemartes dies, you have just ost a large point chunk of your army....Something to think about...

Ashton

I'm new to this whole 40k malarky but at the moment the army I'm working towards features a reclusiarch with jump pack to lead my Death Company. I've seen quite a few posts saying how amaing Lemartes is supposed to be, and what with him being five points less than a reclusiarch, I wondered which people think is the better option. I'm collecting Angels Sanguine, so I'll be building a 'counts as' who could be used as either.

Lemartes is not an IC which is a huge advantage.

If you ahve another HQ anyway, I'd go Lemartes.

The reclusiarch is my starting HQ in smaller games, but when I build the army to 2,000pts I want to include a Librarian, which means the Reclusiarch no longer needs to fill that slot.

@JamesI: Sorry I haven't played since early 3rd ed, why is not being an IC an advantage?

ICs can be picked out in CC. Your opponent can say he is putting all his attacks against the squad of the IC that has joined the squad. Personally, when I do field DC with JPs adding Lemartes to the mix is great. Though getting him angry is kind of hard at times.

It's really a balance between the extra reliability of the Reclusiarch (+1W and +1A) vs the awesomeness of Lemartes when he's angry. Food for thought anyway.

@JamesI: Sorry I haven't played since early 3rd ed, why is not being an IC an advantage?

he can be singled out in close combat, whereas lemmiwinks is a squad upgrade, so he cannot

Plus Lem's rules make him an absolute wrecking ball. Put 1 wound on him and watch him go to town.

-CC

Archived