Miles Cerulean Project Log

Adir

Welcome to the update project log for my Miles Cerulean (Blue Knights). I have been a Daemonhunters player for many years and am excited at the introduction of the new codex. As with any new army book, changes are imminent. So this log will focus on updates to my existing army as well as some new units.

Here is shot of the army as in stands today:

gallery_26137_3833_118109.jpg

The first new unit is Karamazov. If you had told me several months ago that I would even be considering running this infamous witch hunter, I would have laughed. However, with his inclusion in the new book, I have decided the concept of a mounted inquisitor to be quite appealing. So Inquisitor Josiah Starck has found himself a new mode of transport:

gallery_26137_3833_11268.jpg

Originally I was thinking about a tracked dais of some kind, but realized in the grimdark of the far flung, why wouldn't my inquisitor ride around on some crazy chicken walker:

gallery_26137_3833_60898.jpg

And heres a comparison shot next to a rhino:

gallery_26137_3833_48079.jpg

For some reason the walking pulpit reminds me of a Yeomen battlemech. Is there any chance this fine fellow finds his mech with some loud speakers?

Why am I now thinking of the railyard scene in Kellys Heroes...? :P

:P

Love the chicken walker... will it be piloted by a sevitor or does Inquisitor Starck have control?

Strack is firmly in control! But I may hard mount a multi-melta servitor torso on one side. There is an underslung mount designed to house two meltaguns, but I may go for the servitor for a little extra character.

Glad you liked the chicken walker... looks totally goofy but this is 40k so why not?!

Indeed! It may be goofy.. but it (strangely) fits. I firmly reckon it's what you've used to create 'the chicken'. Suitably gothic feel from suitably gothic parts. :P

The Grey Knights don't get power fists but they get thunder hammers for even less than what marines pay for fists! Add to that the fact that everyone in the lowly GK Strike Squad can take one make at least one per squad irresistible. So first update to the existing GK is to convert a halberd into a thunder hammer.

Here was the first attempt:

gallery_26137_3833_2054.jpg

I used a search light from a land speeder and added a terminator honor badge to the front. Unfortunately, this look too out of line with standard hammers so I scrapped that one.

The second attempt actually used bits from the Tau crisis suit flamer. Here it is:

gallery_26137_3833_83566.jpg

I much prefer this conversion and will post painted pics in the next day or so.

Thunder hammers have been converted and painted. Here are the first three. I will likely do one hammer in each GKSS and two in each GKP squad.

The robed marines are my Grey Knight Strike Squads and the more ornate legacy metal models are my Purifiers.

gallery_26137_3833_64725.jpg

gallery_26137_3833_97903.jpg

gallery_26137_3833_74987.jpg

And today's thunder hammers are to you by the letter... 'I'. :lol:

That brass etch symbol (well, I presume it is brass etch...) fits perfectly, it looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished converting a robed marine squad to a 10 man GKSS... pics posted soon.

In the meantime, here is a little something I have been noodling with. I wanted to do a one man piloted titan (similar to the knight titans referenced in Dark Mechanicus).

Here is the rough WIP:

gallery_26137_4665_114184.jpg

Basically, he is a counts-as dreadknight with two doom fists.

Archived