Get's Hot/Cover Saves

XxRVNGRDxX

Fair enough, I'm convinced, you are not.

If you are playing a IG or imperial players (the only armies that this makes a difference, in that their armour is worse than a cover save and Tau plasma don't 'Get Hot (hmmm wait Ork's have a 'Gets Hot' non-plasma weapons)) discuss it before hand.

Well, for Assault wounds, the rulebook says models may take armour saves. Dangerous terrain says that may not. So yes, the armour saves in the shooting section deal only with getting them against shooting attacks. But that's fine as it mentions when you can and can't take them elsewhere.

I think the use of 'normal saves' allowed is indeed very lax wording in the rule. Dammit.

I remain unconvinced a cover save is allowed here. I'm not being a douche by the way; I'm genuinely not convinced by the arguments presented. And I want an answer. Maybe there is no answer.

Yeah, that's the kicker. Other classes of non-Shooting wounds say "X & Y save may be taken" or "no Z saves allowed", clearly defining which saves are appropriate. Get Hot just says "all normal saves", so does it mean "all" the normal saves (armor/cover/invuln) or should they have done like they did in every other non-Shooting section and listed the sub-set of saves allowed? Don't know - GW is consistently inconsistent in how they present their rules. Lax wording, indeed. Just for the record, I don't think you or any of the others are being a douche. I'm generally of the opinion that Cover saves should not be used against Gets Hot. But I'm also convinced that as the rules stand they allow for it. If my opponent ever took a Cover save against Gets Hot I would not question it, until GW FAQs against this.

Archived