Flat out and fast vehicles...12" or 24"?

Tanhausen

Hi there,

This weekend in a game a BA vindi wanted to move "as fast as possible" to point X.

For the record, the BA vindi is a fast rhino chassis.

So my reasoning was: if it is fast, all it does is it can move more than normal and shoot the same.

His reasoning was that it could go flat out 24", just like my LS.

I checked the BRB and found under the flyers movement that it specified they could move up to 24".

So the question is... can a BA rhino move more than 12"? Where does it say so?

Question 2: is there any vehicle that moves more than 24"?

Eldar can give some skimmers Star Engines, which gives them an extra 12" move in the shooting phase (instead of shooting). Dark Eldar fighters/bombers can move 36" without shooting. Dark Eldar Raiders with the Sails upgrade can move an extra 2D6" when going flat out (for 26-36" total move).

So, GW was actually kind of smart in letting the two fastest armies in the fluff stay the fastest, despite giving fast vehicles to every army.

Eldar can give some skimmers Star Engines, which gives them an extra 12" move in the shooting phase (instead of shooting). Dark Eldar fighters/bombers can move 36" without shooting. Dark Eldar Raiders with the Sails upgrade can move an extra 2D6" when going flat out (for 26-36" total move).

So, GW was actually kind of smart in letting the two fastest armies in the fluff stay the fastest, despite giving fast vehicles to every army.

Necrons, tyranids, and chaos deamons all lack fast vehicles.

And I am with Leonaides, its not an army specific rule but a general BRB rule, you are just as much at fault for not knowing it as your oponent was.

Sure not all armies have fast vehicles, but those that do are still slower as they should be; Tyranids don't count because they simply don't have any vehicles to begin with :D.

I acknowledge my lack of knowing...but you guys will agree that one should know how HIS build works :Troops:

Besides, anyone who plays me thinking that I know the rules deserves to be made fun at :rolleyes:

I acknowledge my lack of knowing...but you guys will agree that one should know how HIS build works :)

Besides, anyone who plays me thinking that I know the rules deserves to be made fun at ;)

I would agree with this that you should know what you do use... Tyranids have no vehicles so to play your army you don't need to know all the ins and outs of the vehicle rules (assuming you are willing to trust your foe!) but if your foe is using vehicles (or you are) you should know them as they pertain to you... As an Ork player using the standard dex or a space marine player using no land speeders do I need to know the skimmer rules to play my force? Would it help against an enemy with skimmers? yes it would... and you may be at a disadvantage if say you didn't know they would get a 4+ cover save... but the person with the skimmers or vehicles should know what the situation is.

Ideally everyone knows everything including the dice rolls that will occur and so meet at the table shake hands and say good game!

Archived