Multiple Rune Priests

Phosis

Sort of dickish but apparently some kid learned I had Thousand Sons and put 4 Rune Priests in his list just for me at this tournament.

It figures that he's my first opponent and I lost to a massacre with no Psychic Powers and no Lash happening the entire 6 turns. Couldn't even pull a nice Wind of Chaos off.

Basically- "oh I didn't nullify that power on a 4+? I've still got 3 more Rune Priests in range, let me try them all in a row."

Legal? I felt so screwed. Also, are Rune Priests I5? If not, I would have actually force-weaponed 2 of them.

rune priests are I 4, and no matter how many rune priests there are, they only get 1 try to dispel per psychic power used.

from the space wolf faq

Page 36, Runic Weapon, replace the fourth

sentence with:

Furthermore, whenever an enemy model

succeeds on a Psychic test within 24" of one or

more models with a Runic Weapon, roll a dice –

Rune Priests are I 4.

I know Space Marines can not use more than 1 Psychic hood to nullify a power, I assume wolves are the same way.

ninjad!

There are Wolf Tail Talismans however that can be used in addition to the nullifying effect of the Runic Weapon. But those can only be used on powers that would cause a wound.

No no no- thats runic armor, wich gives a 5++ against wounds caused by psychic powers.

What the runic talisman does is gives a 5+ roll to negate a power targeted at that characters unit.

So... if your within 24" of the rune priest- he gets a 4+ save against it. If its at his unit and he has a wolf tail talisman he gets another 5+ to negate, and then if it wounds him he can use runic armor to save vs it as 2+/5++ armor.

Sort of dickish but apparently some kid learned I had Thousand Sons and put 4 Rune Priests in his list just for me at this tournament.

It figures that he's my first opponent and I lost to a massacre with no Psychic Powers and no Lash happening the entire 6 turns. Couldn't even pull a nice Wind of Chaos off.

Basically- "oh I didn't nullify that power on a 4+? I've still got 3 more Rune Priests in range, let me try them all in a row."

Legal? I felt so screwed. Also, are Rune Priests I5? If not, I would have actually force-weaponed 2 of them.

Is this a tourny happening over multiple days or is it over now? If so can you get him DQed for cheating and then claim max points for yourself? Some say this is dickish... but he cheated and... was being a bit of a wonk himself and with luck his list will mess him up in further games he has/will play.

Archived