Fleet Special Rule

Purdy81

Apart from having Shrike in my army what other ways can I get the fleet special rule? Are there any other HQ choices that offer this? Or other codex? Im currently running standard marines. Are there any characters in the IA books that have this special rule?

Thanks

I believe Shrike is the only way to get Marines with Fleet. Some other armies have lots of Fleet (Nids, Eldar, Dark Eldar) but for marines its just Shrike.

There are some units that have the rule yes, however there is no other way to get it in such a sweeping, accross the board fashion......

Did you have a rules question?

Well clearly you have just answered it, being new to 40k Im trying to find a way to add fleet to my Army, I know I can use Shrike but I just wanted to know if any other HQ choices from different codex, Space Wolf, BA, BT, e.t.c have this rule as Im thinking about changing to one of them.

As Im asking about rules I posted in the rules section, if Im posting in the wrong area then please feel free to move it somewhere more suitable. I do take umbride with your sarcastic tone not only in this post but posts made by others too.

I realize that I'm new on here, but moderators who think a little too highly of themselves have even managed to find their way into this hobby.

Another point to raise, I started a thread sometime ago asking for the rules for Tyberos the Red Wake, you rightly shot this down as I was unaware of the forum rules to post full rule listings here, later in that thread you then asked someone to private message you the rules when he got them? I may well be wrong but double standards springs to mind

There are some units that have the rule yes, however there is no other way to get it in such a sweeping, accross the board fashion......

Did you have a rules question?

Well clearly you have just answered it, being new to 40k Im trying to find a way to add fleet to my Army, I know I can use Shrike but I just wanted to know if any other HQ choices from different codex, Space Wolf, BA, BT, e.t.c have this rule as Im thinking about changing to one of them.

As Im asking about rules I posted in the rules section, if Im posting in the wrong area then please feel free to move it somewhere more suitable. I do take umbride with your sarcastic tone not only in this post but posts made by others too.

Purdy, the OR forum is for asking questions over rules disputes or confusion. Asking how to get access to a rule is more of a question for Amicus forum.

In general, creating your army is a tactical thing, not a rules thing. This forum is for discussing how fleet works, and how shrikes chapter tactics works, in general if you want help building an army then your much better off asking in Tactica Astartes, Amicus Aedes, or any of the chapter-specific forums if your interested in that chapter.

Im sorry you dont like what Im saying, but the question wasnt sarcastic- you didnt ask a rules question. You asked if a model had a rule- wich you can clearly see in its profile. A rules question related to how a rule works, or if it works, or how it interacts with other rules. Not wether or not a particular unit has a rule.

Another point to raise, I started a thread sometime ago asking for the rules for Tyberos the Red Wake, you rightly shot this down as I was unaware of the forum rules to post full rule listings here, later in that thread you then asked someone to private message you the rules when he got them? I may well be wrong but double standards springs to mind

You asked an initial rules question- wich was interesting, and appropriate. I shot down your asking for the models rules in general, however we do have license here to discuss specific rules. The request for PM wasnt to give me a copy of the rules, but to alert me if someone with the rules would give us all a quote so we could discuss that issue.

In case that isnt clear- discussing a chapter tactic, like say shrikes, is different than posting up his entire statline, his special rules, and his wargear and noting his point value. We dont need to know that shrike has WS X to discuss his chapter tactics, but wed be unable to discuss rules at all if we werent allowed to quote certain sections of them.

On a final note, if you- or anyone else for that matter- have a problem with my actions your free at any time to copy them into a private message and send it to the administrators. Your also quite welcome to send me a PM if you feel there is an issue. In general I would prefer that productive threads not become entangled in these conversations, but in smaller topics like this there isnt any harm.

Any questions?

Archived