Twin-linked and Gets Hot!

Morollan

Question came up last night of whether a twin-linked plasma gun allows you to avoid 'Gets Hot!' by rerolling your misses (including any '1's that come up)? Obviously if the reroll is also a 1 then you're screwed.

Yes, when you have a reroll the first roll is ignored. So any 1s on the first roll do not result in Gets Hot.

Of course any 1s on the second do (its possible to miss witha 2, reroll due to twin linked, and get a 1 and possibly kill your model)

Yes, when you have a reroll the first roll is ignored. So any 1s on the first roll do not result in Gets Hot.

Of course any 1s on the second do (its possible to miss witha 2, reroll due to twin linked, and get a 1 and possibly kill your model)

I very nearly did! Two Obliterators firing twin-linked plasma. First one hit on 1 shot but rolled a 1 to wound, rolled a 1 on the second shot, rerolled and got another 1 and then rolled another 1 for his save! Second one missed both shots, including a 1 that was rerolled but still missed.

Thanks for the confirmation though. I was sure I could reroll but my opponents weren't so we rolled for it but I just wanted to check on these forums.

Hmm that sure is a load of ones. How depressing.

I once had a unit of Chaos termis deep strike with combi-plasmas. Fired on a nasty Nid MC. My entire squad overheated and failed every armor save.

Archived