Tactical help with this list

nurglephill

Just thought of one more thing. Don't tailor your entire army to defeat Plague Marines. If he takes an entire army of plague marines it won't be that good. Most likely you are going to be facing 2-3 squads of nurgle marines at the most. You will also see Terminators, obliterators, Daemon Princes, Greater Daemons, defilers, etc... Be sure you have a good mix of weapons to be able to take all those on.

I tend to rate extra armor really low on rhinos. It doesn't do a lot, and unless you really need to move it doesn't do anything. A Rhino is a 'tank' but not really, as AV11 isn't very hard to penetrate. Even if you get stunned/shaken, they still have to deal with it next turn anyway right? And your squad cans still disembark, move 8" and run, which could cover the same amount of ground that you would have driven anyway. On a rhino, it's an expensive upgrade that isn't that good. On a Landraider with assault ramps and Thunder hammers inside... its a really good deal.

I'm not sold on the plasmacanon squad yet, but plasma canons are good in general and really good against FNP and obliterators, so maybe. If there is any way, you might want to get a couple ablative wounds in there so you don't lose weapons the first time a defiler drops a large template on you. You may have to try it out and come tell us how it works. If it is awesome, be sure to write up a short tactica on why it worked, and you might get some people to change their minds.

-Myst

OK. I have been thinking hard and come up with a few tweaks...I really wanted to get a twin Autocannon dread in there...maybe in a 1750 list.

Anyway:

HQ:

Lysander: 200

Elite:

5 Assault Terminators - 200

LR with Extra Armour - 265

Heavy Support:

Devastator Squad: X2 plasma cannons X2 missile launchers- 170

Troops:

Tactical squad 9 marines 1 sergeant, multi melta, melta gun, rhino with extra armour - 225

Tactical squad 9 marines 1 sergeant, plasma cannon, melta gun, rhino with extra armour - 230

Fast attack:

Land speeder with heavy flamer and multi melta - 70

total 1500

I expect to be facing mainly rhinos maybe a raider. I have plenty to pop tanks and then some nasty high strength and low AP weapons for his footslogging plague marines once the transports are down.

If I rush the tacticals into the centre ground first turn he will have to worry about the multi melta and plasma cannons next turn on his tanks. Hopefully sending them into the firing lines of the Speeders of Devastators. The idea being to leave him no where to hide. Once the tanks are down I can focus on any DP or lord character he might have, or if I have some good looks at bunched troops (from recently destroyed tanks) I can try and lay some plasma cannon templates on them.

I am thinking the Termies in raider can deal with any HQ unit he has/wipe out some plague marines each turn. So long as I charge in with them the worse he can do is hit me with a Power fist as I strike with my Hammers and I have a 3++ save and he has nothing.

Does this sound wise to you? I will ( I PROMISE) let you know how I do :devil:

Archived