Natanaels Workshop

Natanael

Hey guys.

Since my Alpha Legion project have been put on hold when I realised that my time and money would not be enough to have it ready in time for he coming tournament I decided to send in a Space Wolf list instead, and while my shiny syndrome had me painting some test for a Blood Angels army I am now back on track :) However, to keep track of all my painting and modding projects I figured I could post here and hopefully get some C & C as well.

So in this topic I vow to post my projects, all of 'em, to keep me motivated and to keep me painting. It's up to you guys to hold me to it and keep my spirits up :D Consider this my Oath of Moment or someting...

First off is my rhinos/razorbacks for the 1750p SW army I am taking next tournament:

IMG_1139.JPG

And the rest of the army, except my TWC Lords:

IMG_1141.JPG

I promise better pics in the future when I can steal my GFs camera.

Cheers,

- Natanael

Well, I have been doing some work. Here is the first prototype for my TWC. He'll be an Iron Preist when he is all done, but right now he works as a test model for the two Lords I have to do until the coming tournament.

IMG_1144.JPG

And a smaller, slightly better pic with some more work done:

PicasaUp.jpg

Things to do: Try to make the ears smaller, cut down the claws, make the tail, file down the armour pads and the nose.

Hope you like. Comments are welcome on everything I do.

- Natanael

Thank you, Wicced =D

IMO the head looks more like a rat now, but I've done some trimming of the GS to make it better, and I've also filed down the GS on the armour plates to get them smooth without chaos icons. No pics of that tough, but hopefully I can give you a "before priming" shot soon.

- Nat

Work continues on the tourney army. Here is the lates work - two speeders. Questions is how to tie them inte better with the red/black of the rhinos. Any tips/suggestions?

PicasaUp.jpg

C&C are welcome, as always.

- Natanael

Work continues on the tourney army. Here is the lates work - two speeders. Questions is how to tie them inte better with the red/black of the rhinos. Any tips/suggestions?

PicasaUp.jpg

C&C are welcome, as always.

- Natanael

Here's a few ideas... shift the focus of your Aileron work. make the housing on top, and wings fully red, with black control surfaces (switch the colors) make the probe housing red and the divider between gunner and pilot red as well. You might also consider the grav plate 'bumpers' to be painted red as well.

I cannot see the back of the vehicles, but perhaps you might consider the 'bell' housings of the engines to be painted red?

Just a few thoughts,

Rymeer

Thanks a lot, fellas. There are indeed 4 speeders, but only two are highlighted, as you might see ;)

Rymeer - I'll have to try that. I think it would look good.

- Natanael

Update time.

As the tourney get closer and closer (about 2 weeks now) I still have quite a lot to do. Today I've made some progress however.

I started working on one of my two TWC Lords:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

The last work on the Iron Priest, now ready for primer:

PicasaUp.jpg

The head is not at all as I wanted it, but that will have to do. It was after all my first attempt. And last but not least we have a few new Long Fangs ready for the fray:

PicasaUp.jpg

That pic sucks, but it is just to show that I actually have them :)

All comments, encouragement and stuff like that is welcome. =)

- Natanael

looking good brother Natanael ;)

i'd like to see some more pics from different angles of the iron priests wolf.

and i'm not sure on the counts as longfang banana peel, i think it needs some more work :)

Well, I did spend a lot of time on the painting of that, so dunno if I wanna remake it. Still, you might be right. Some ppl could feel it is a bit farfetched. =D

Anyway - I'll see what I can do about the pics of the IP (that means, yeah sure, give me a minute) <_< Hopefully the Lords wolf will look a lot better tough. Also it's raining here, so I cant put primer on the models until that stops.

Thank you for your comment, good to know someone is watching at least. =)

- Natanael

Love the GS work on the wolves. The fur looks great.

For filling gaps next time, and forever more, look into a product called green putty...terrible name. Its produced by squadron games, and it comes in a tooth-paste like tube, and you just squeeze it on to your model, and it is much easier to sand, and it dries in around an hour or so.

Thanks for that tip, Shorts. GS is a pain to sand down and this came out so-so. Well, the other two had raised khorne symbols instead. A bit easier to file down =D

Here are some more pics of the IP:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

I really need to get a real camera...

- Natanael

thanks for the additional pics, still looking great :P

i got some questions though, how hard is it to put a marine up on the juggernaut?

it looks like you used a pair of the standing legs, did you have to reposition or remodel them?

i'm planning to use a juggernaut for one of my bikers :)

Actually, it is very easy. Just cut the legs at the hip joint, and then dry-fit them and glue in the position you want, then fill with GS. Very easy, IMO.

- Natanael

thanks brother, that indeed sounds easy :D

Another Update!

So, with work started on the Lords and the IP done, I figured I might as well paint the Cyber/Fenrisan Wolves they are gonna have. Made six today, the last two are already done. Now all they need is some work on the heads and metal parts picked out for the Cybers, then they are ready for the fray.

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

And started the last two Long Fangs:

IMG_1173.JPG

And last but not least, the almost finished IP. Some touch-ups to do, and details, then he is done.

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

Hope you like. Comments are always welcome!

Cheers,

- Natanael

Work continues on my TWC Lords. Nr 1 is almost done, just two legs and the paws left, and nr 2 is started. Here are some pics. I've tried to widen the head were it meets the neck to make it a bit more wolf like. With the changed ears it looks a lot more lika wolf the the IPs, but there is still room for a lot of improvement.

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

Gonna start to paint Lord 1 tomorrow, so pics of that soon. Also have a few legs done for my true scaled alpha legion, so they'll be coming up soon as well.

Comments are always welcome.

- Natanael

Thank you, bro. You seem to be my only follower :devil:

I didnt think about the legs in the background, but yeah, that's gonna turn into 10 Sterguards for my AL army, hopefully very soon so I can start on my BA.

- Natanael

Tournament getting closer, only 3 days now. So, I keep working on my Lords. I should be finished tomorrow, but you never know. Gonna have to paint the last stuff at my parents house, since I'm going there tomorrow night to hitch a ride with a few friends come friday. Anyway, here is the progress:

PicasaUp.jpg

Only 8 paws and 4 legs left until they are all done, but the paws are really hard. Anyone got a tip there? With my Iron Priest I did the claws with spearpoints since his mount easily could be a bit more mechanical, but now I need a way to make them look more like that of a regular wolf.

I also hope to borrow one of my parents digicams for the event, so I can take some real pics of the army.

C&C are always welcome, more so now.

- Natanael

Thank you, bro. You seem to be my only follower :)

and proud to be :)

the ears look much more wolflike than the previous ears.

and seeing your GS skills, i think you could easily GS the claws.

maybe this helps as reference

gallery_54817_5140_8219.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_8188.jpg

have fun at your parents house and at the tournament!

Well, I tried some different types of claws but none came out any good, so I got frustrated and did a quick job on them, ready to be remade later :cry: I dont have any pics of them atm as I forgot to take any while actually playing, but I did take some pics of the armies that were up for the voting on Best Painted. Here they are:

IMG_1185.JPG

Chaplain on bike for the White Scars

IMG_1186.JPG

Kahn on bike for White Scars

IMG_1187.JPG

White Scars

IMG_1188.JPG

Inquisitor Karamazov on Throne of Judgement - this army got my secondary vote for Best Painted, mostly for feel and conversions.

IMG_1189.JPG

Exorcist and some regular troopers for the Witch Hunter army. Same army as Karamazov.

Adeptus Mechanicus army - this one got my main vote for Best Painted, mostly for the conversions. It used the Tau Codex, but well... it was really cool. A friend of mine played both this and the WH force above. Lucky git :P

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

@ Vulkan: Thank you. It's always very nice to hear ppl saying that they like what you do =)

@ Wicced: Thanks for the pics. I did a similar search myself when I was working with them, but as you might have seen in the top of this post I failed anyway :P But I'll do better now that I have more time.

Next up is my Alpha Legion, all True Scale, and maybe a Rough Rider army, but they wont be shown here.

Hope you like it. Oh, and I did win 5 out of 6 games in the tournament, but they were mostly small victories and with the composition included I didnt get to the top 16 and the finals. Still, I did way better then I had ever imagined :P

Stay tuned for more work from me.

Cheers,

- Natanael

looks like helluva tournament and some nice armies indeed!

and even if you didn't make the finals, congrats on the 5 wins :tu:

looking forward to your alphas and a picture of the ruined TW claws :tu:

Archived