Natanaels Workshop

Natanael

It was a lot of fun =) and thank you. The alphas will hopefully have some work done this week, but with another exam coming up next friday we'll have to see how much time I can spare between that, the gym and my GF :(

- Natanael

It was a lot of fun =) and thank you. The alphas will hopefully have some work done this week, but with another exam coming up next friday we'll have to see how much time I can spare between that, the gym and my GF :P

- Natanael

just take your GF to the gym to spend time with her! two birds one stone :tu:

Well, long time since the last update, but here it is. I managed to forget my GS at the parents house, but got it now, so I started working on some more AL. More work on the legs, and a start of a pre heresy dread. It looks like crap right now, but with some work it will hopefully look good :tu:

Pics:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

Need to study, but will probably do some more work today, or some test-painting for my BA that will be next after the AL.

C&C welcome, as always.

- Natanael

4 New guys join the host. They are gonna pass for Sternguard in my army list when the army is done. A squad of 10 is on the way, together with Alpharius as an HQ. Gonna have to buy a pod for them as well.

Pics:

WIP

PicasaUp.jpg

Finished

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

As you can see some have not got guns and/or shoulder pads. The pads I found right after I took the pictures, but the guns will have to wait until I can get some bolters from a friend. The guy with the combi-flamer, if you wonder about his helmet, are supposed to have a Mk III helmet. Didnt turn out very well, but hopefully some paint will cover up the worst. If not, I'll replace it.

Comments, guys, please :)

- Natanael

That last guy's chest-plate is a bit wonky, but I assume you're still working on it.

I must say though, I'm not the biggest fan of so-called "true-scale" marines. Though you've pretty much done them properly as far as I can tell. I think that last batch of guys could use a bit more poses though, they seem a little static.

This pretty cool work here! I'm sorry I haven't commented before.

Other than what people said about the last guy's chest, I think just the straps between the chest of the second to last guy and his codpiecething need a little bit of straightening up. It's such a small detail, but I think it makes a huge difference.

Keep it up, sir! :D

seems like i'm not your only follower any more :) the more the merrier!

i'm not big fan of truescale, but i like what you're doing here. to get the green stuff smoother, i strongly recommend clay shapers i got a set a few months back and it greatly improved my GS-Fu ;)

the thighs of your guys look a little "fat" in my opinion. i think they need to be just a tad slimmer.

Wicced: Yeah, I try to use my clay-shapers but forget about them half the time :tu: Gonna have to remember. I am to impatient when I work with GS, I always want everything to be done at once. Gonna have to work on that :)

Goose: Alright, I'll se what I can do.

Gonna work on the next batch today. Legs are already done on them, so no use trying to remake them, but gonna do some torso work, and maybe some paint tests.

- Nat

Hey nice W.I.P. you have here. As I myself am currently working on True Scale Marines, may I suggest toning down the amount of GS you use. It saves you from having to shave it down so much and dually gives your marines less of a "chibi" look. Other then that I like where your going with these ;)

Well, as you might have noticed, I failed on the pics -_- However, work has centinued today, so here are some pics for you instead. The pics suck, I realise as I post, but I am tired so they'll have to do. Gonna grab my parents camera this week to get some decent photos and my lightbox that is at their house.

I did some work on the new guys:

PicasaUp.jpg

Not much as you can see, bu details are hard :P

Start of DP:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

And the dread in a similar state. Pre heresy try :P

PicasaUp.jpg

And a sloppy paint test. Light makes the blending look non-existant, but yeah. You get the point:

PicasaUp.jpg

And last, Squad Alpha waiting to be re-painted:

PicasaUp.jpg

Hope you like. Gonna write an essay this week so hopefully there will be more time for painting and modelling. We'll see.

- Natanael

Thanks, and yeah, detail is coming along. Had a small accident (sp?) today with my inlines, so my right hand is not at its best, but hopefully some work can be done. Also, tips and suggestions on how to make the DP look cool would be great. I need a back, wings, arms and lower body atm :P

- Natanael

nice looking progress bro!

i agree on the more details for the chestplates issue, looks a liitle bland right now.

what about the legs from the plastic demon prince kit? you could sculpt some more power armour on them.

Yeah, but then I could just buy the box and make a DP out of that. The challenge I have set upon myself is to do it without that. I have only a front, a pair of arms from the box that I got from a friend, so I'd like to build the rest of the stuff from other bitz. I was thinking about copping up a pair of TDA legs, making them longer and then GS them to look daemonic and stuff :)

Also - for the chest plates - what do you suggest I add? I mean, I can add trim and stuff like that, but it doesnt help that much. Should I go with a lot of cables crossed over it? I dunno.

- Natanael

you could maybe try some Alpha Legion iconography, snake symbols or something like that.

or just some exhaust/cooling vents and straps like the assault marines torsos have

as for the DP, maybe even dread legs?

Yeah, maybe I could sculpt some hydras on the chest. Gonna have to try that but I dont think my GS-fu is up to that yet. But the vents I will do. Thanks =)

Did some work on the scouts. Still WIP, but getting there. I also realised that scouts are quite big, or AOBR-marines are very small.

Pics:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

That is all for now. My hand is better, so I can paint and gonna have a try at some GS soon as well, to finish the Sternguards.

C&C are always welcome!

Well, new pics because I have painted some more =) Here are the first four of the sternguard in a WIP-state. TBH, most of them are done but I always forget about stuff (no, the swords wil be painted, I did not forget) so I call them WIP anyway. Right now tough, I have a few things that I know need to be done such as details on acessories, weapons, a helmet and so on.

Pics:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

The guy below get two pics cause the sword is in the way :rolleyes:

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

PicasaUp.jpg

That is all for now. The bases are gonna get some dead grass on them when I can buy some, and I am thinking about ways to add more detail work, painting-wise, but I cant think of any without painting hydras/scales all over them, and I dont want that. This is pre heresy, and I think they looked quite plain, TBH. Non-standard squad markins on the right pad marks them as Sternguard Veterans. Tacticals gonna get a horizontal line and if I make more squads a small number will be added to keep them separate.

Thanks for looking, C&C are very welcome. This is, after all, me learing to use GS and paint :geek:

- Nat

A lot of cool greenstuff work! I definitely want to see where you go with the DP and dread. Im really curious as to what you will do for arms and legs on the dread to make it into a wrecking machine.

Nice! The hydras work really well on those torsos. More detail work like that would really make the models stand out more. Have you tried painting on some faded scales or something to break up the flat colours a bit more?

Hushrong: Thank you. The plan for the dread is to go as close to the artwork as possible, but we will see. I havent worked with plasticard before and hardly with GS (this is my first major project, the AL) but hopefully I'll be able to do something that looks nice :lol:

Goose: Thanks. I havent tried it, but I have been thinking about it. I have no greens right not except for a very bright, scorpion green, I think it is called, and catachan green and that is very dark. Dunno if I should try it with the dark.

- Nat

Archived