Honour guard

1Drop

What have you guys done when creating your honour gaurd? I was thinking starting with the SG kit but what about kitting them out with plasma and such, I do t suppose the weapons will be on the SG sprue!?

So what is the best way to get the bits I need to make a really good looking honour guard and the best way to get the weapons?

SG... Nuff said... I use them double chaos space marine chainswords (with the chaos-y stuff removed) ...Makes them more unique I guess... I also use the DC jump packs (wings are abit too... Sanguinary guardish)

also they are golden...

I use standard marines for my HG. As for special weapons, I use plasmas, which I took from my tacts and command squad sprues. I've bought a couple of command squads in order to build priests, bits for my veterans (champion's shoulder pads and helmet) and speil weapons. And of course I ordered a few meltas nplasma on e.bay. And I think that my HG look pretty decent. Here's a WIP picture of one of my HG marines:

gallery_33097_5776_13137.jpg

SG... Nuff said... I use them double chaos space marine chainswords (with the chaos-y stuff removed) ...Makes them more unique I guess... I also use the DC jump packs (wings are abit too... Sanguinary guardish)

also they are golden...

Yeah I have 10 DC jump packs un used as I didn't but jp's o. My DC as they have their 'Death-Bird' to cruise around in! I was thinking of having jp's on them too invade the bird was taken out early but it was either 10 Dc without jp or 5 with plus I'm not gonna let my birds get shot of the sky too easilly anyway.. Sorry, went a bit off topic there, haha.

I got the old BA HG from the pdf era back when we had super awesome tech-adepts with artificer armor and power weapons, now I find myself with a hole in my HG that I need to fill. More than likely I'll scrap together a blood champ when I have a moment. I ran an all-melta JP Honor Guard with Dante in my last tournament to great, armor explody effect. I suppose it's kind of dependent on who you're running them with and the role you're trying to fill. A balanced one should probably have a PW or two to take advantage of FC from your free novitiate, then kit the rest out however you see fit. Just be wary of dem overheats. FNP won't save you every time. >>'

My original HG is also golden, because BA are pimpin' like that.

I am planning on kit bashing Tycho + honor guard using a commander box set, SG box set and command squad box set. Will build Tycho with the sg legs and chest that kind of match the GW model with commander cape. Then use the rest of the SG bits to make the squad. I want to do the company banner bearer with PW/SS, another guy with PW/SS and then 2 with either melta or plasma. And what is left will go in my bitz box.

I'm Actually going to use Dark Angels for my honour guard on foot as a way of making them distinct from the rest of my force.

With the rest of my army littered with sanguinary guard and DC bits, I really needed something unique for these guys.

I'm Actually going to use Dark Angels for my honour guard on foot as a way of making them distinct from the rest of my force.

With the rest of my army littered with sanguinary guard and DC bits, I really needed something unique for these guys.

Which DA bits? The guys with the robes? I have 4 metal ones of those unpainted somewhere from when I was adding cypher bane and his fallen angels to my chaos armies, it never got finished so I could have used them but tbh I don't think I'll ever see them again along with the rest of my word bearers and nightlords armies ;)

I built a 4-melta HG and I love it! I love having it drop in turn two and take out whatever vehicle I need. Squadrons are especially juicy. I run most DOA Armies and I find that it is a great option for getting anti-tank into the list. And after the squad has taken care of whatever you deem the biggest mech threat is, it tends to draw a lot of fire from the rest of his army, allowing the rest of your forces more freedom of movement.

I plan to have 3 or more honour guards, one each for a captain, a reclusiarch and a librarian/epistolary.

The one I have at the moment is a footslogger unit for my captain. There is 2 storm bolter, one plasma, one melta and a champion.

If I make them all the same I can swap the models around so I can run a unit with all meltas, all plasmas etc.

Here's a question.

Is 'Get's Hot!' an AP2 hit like the plasma gun itself? If so then that ignores Feel No Pain. as FNP can't be rolled for AP1, AP2 weapons and power weapons.

I plan to have 3 or more honour guards, one each for a captain, a reclusiarch and a librarian/epistolary.

The one I have at the moment is a footslogger unit for my captain. There is 2 storm bolter, one plasma, one melta and a champion.

If I make them all the same I can swap the models around so I can run a unit with all meltas, all plasmas etc.

Here's a question.

Is 'Get's Hot!' an AP2 hit like the plasma gun itself? If so then that ignores Feel No Pain. as FNP can't be rolled for AP1, AP2 weapons and power weapons.

1. I'm not sure about the loadout of your HG...2 stormbolters, one plasma gun and one melta gun plus the champion makes 5 models, of which ony three can get upgraded with weaponry(as the champion and novitiate can't) so one guy has two weapons but can only shoot one...maybe you want to rethink that. ;)

2. No, the 'Get's Hot' wound is not AP2, so you can use your armour save and your FnP save. That's why Plasma HG are quite popular thanks to the inbuild priest.

On topic:

Here's what I would probably field along with my captain:

Jumppacks

Powersword/Infernus Pistol

Company Banner

Stormshield/Claw

Powerfist

Comes in at 290...quite expensive...but on the other hand, I haven't played that build or even started to buy the parts. :)

Snorri

Codex says that any HG can replace standard gear (boltgun, bolt pistol/chainsword) for storm bolter, melta, plasmaor a choice of various other weapons.

With this I was under the impression that the novitiate could use, in this case, a storm bolter as they are a HG.

So the Blood Champion is already an upgrade model.

Is the novitiate a free upgrade model or standard?

If he can't use the storm bolter can I put a bolt pistol on him?

Or does the reductor work as a bolt pistol? It shouldn't as it's reserved for mercy kills on fellow space marines.

Archived