What to do?

So I just stopped at my local hobby store... and I got lured in by the Grey Knights... I bought the "ordinary" ones because I'm not a big fan of Terminators... That and the number of different ways too assemble them....

So for now I'm considering three options:

1. Just assemble and paint them as Grey Knights.

2. Kitbash with DC and SG and paint them gold and use them as Sanguinary Guard.. on foot.

3. Paint them black and gold and use them as Astartes Custodes.... If I can find rules for those of course..

So any other suggestions? Anybody else who already bought them?

Greetings

AngelOfDeathXIII

I'd use the parts to give my army a unique feel... Their weapons make great Powerweapons... You could use them for making sanguinary guards(helms... glaives...bolter(prefer the smaller angelus bolt gun though)) I'm soooo making a bunch of hammer termies of my ordered grey knights

I dug through the black box at my local game store this week and spent a good deal of time looking at the termy sprues. There are a ton of really nice bits for librarians on the sprue (lots of book and scroll iconography), loads of force weapons (my favorite is the force staff), some really nice looking psychic hood backed terminator bodies as well as some nice psychic hood heads. From waht I say it looks like the GK and Inquisition specific parts of the weapons and armor won't be too hard to remove either. The piece I'm most excited about though is the plastic terminator narthecarium arm, can't wait to get my hands on that one!

I dug through the black box at my local game store this week and spent a good deal of time looking at the termy sprues. There are a ton of really nice bits for librarians on the sprue (lots of book and scroll iconography), loads of force weapons (my favorite is the force staff), some really nice looking psychic hood backed terminator bodies as well as some nice psychic hood heads. From waht I say it looks like the GK and Inquisition specific parts of the weapons and armor won't be too hard to remove either. The piece I'm most excited about though is the plastic terminator narthecarium arm, can't wait to get my hands on that one!

I have the ordinary Grey Knights laying before me (our local shop owner usually says "screw it, I'll put them on sale the moment I get them") and the Inquisitional marks are easy to remove indeed. The books and scrolls are awesome as well just like the force staff :ermm:

I have a successor chapter that has been known to work with Grey Knights, so the Inquisition symbols aren't completely terrible for my units to use. However, for a majority of people all you have to do is remove the Grey Knight-specific symbols and heraldry and you've got yourself some sick-looking units.

Big fan of those types of helmets. Planning on getting some Grey Knights myself someday!

WORD.. I'm waiting for the box set so I can make a terminator librarian, termie sang priest as well as a termie chaplain and probably some form of captin too.. There is a naughty heavy flamer thing in their too which can be used to knock up a heavy flamer terminator too.. It's heaven for conversions, can't wait to get my hands on it!!

So I just stopped at my local hobby store... and I got lured in by the Grey Knights... I bought the "ordinary" ones because I'm not a big fan of Terminators... That and the number of different ways too assemble them....

1. Just assemble and paint them as Grey Knights. <<<=== THIS. That's what they are.

2. Kitbash with DC and SG and paint them gold and use them as Sanguinary Guard.. on foot. <<<=== IMO, YUCK.

3. Paint them black and gold and use them as Astartes Custodes.... If I can find rules for those of course.. <<<=== Not a fan as I don't believe AC wear PA, do they? If so, definitely not GKPA. I'd probably have to see a test model before I like or dislike any of these 3 options. :teehee:

Greetings

AngelOfDeathXIII

Although I will buy a box of PAGK, I won't use their chests(for what??! my point exactly.) and probably not their backpacks(especially not the teleport-thingies).

What makes this box so awesome is the amount of powerweapons in form of the Falchions which don't look exactly like NFW but normal swords for our marines.

A new Librarian with some help of the psychic hood will also be possible.

Oh, and don't forget a shiny new Thunderhammer....just file off the Inq. symbols and you're done.

As for the OP....

1. Just assemble and paint them as Grey Knights. <<<=== THIS. That's what they are. I agree. That always sounds good.

2. Kitbash with DC and SG and paint them gold and use them as Sanguinary Guard.. on foot. <<<=== IMO, YUCK. Sanguinary Guard on foot? Oh yeah...no. sounds not good. ^_^

3. Paint them black and gold and use them as Astartes Custodes.... If I can find rules for those of course.. <<<=== Not a fan as I don't believe AC wear PA, do they? If so, definitely not GKPA. I'd probably have to see a test model before I like or dislike any of these 3 options. :)

I think that the Custodes have become a justification for everyone to do Grey Knights currently. :D It's just that those who really put effort into their Custodes armies before the new codex hit are somehow left aside as they are now seen as one of the bandwagoners.

If I did Custodes a few years before the new codex and that happened to me, I'd be raging around like a loonie. :P

No, not good.

Greetings

AngelOfDeathXIII

hmm I can understand how someone who scratch-build the Custodes would feel pissed.. And Sanguinary Guard on foot? Seriously what the :) was I thinking... ^_^ So I'll continue assembling them as Purifiers and start of a small Grey Knight force.. (about 1,500 points).

Thanks for the replies..

Although I will buy a box of PAGK, I won't use their chests(for what??! my point exactly.) and probably not their backpacks(especially not the teleport-thingies).

What makes this box so awesome is the amount of powerweapons in form of the Falchions which don't look exactly like NFW but normal swords for our marines.

A new Librarian with some help of the psychic hood will also be possible.

Oh, and don't forget a shiny new Thunderhammer....just file off the Inq. symbols and you're done.

Agreed those powerweaopens are awesome... I'm saving the Falchions for a Honour Guard though.. and the teleport-thingies are ^_^

Agreed those powerweaopens are awesome... I'm saving the Falchions for a Honour Guard though.. and the teleport-thingies are ^_^

I will use them falchions on a new Vanguard Squad and a Honour Guard as soon as I've finished my other stuff.

While I like the teleport-backpacks, I can't see any use for them in my army. No reason for making a kitbash with them. :D

Oh, and some of the heads look interesting. Maybe one of those will help me to get a Librarian that has some cables in his head...and not blondish-hair. :)

Purifiers sound awesome. I love their Cleansing Flame, it's just so symbolic and effective as well!

Snorri

Archived