What is a daemon?

I dont think warp based origins can be considered daemon hood. What about Enslavers? What about Dark Eldar? Or even more specifically the decapitator of his lesser bretheren.

Enslavers? Not sure. Are they made of Warp Energy?

Dark Eldar? What? :(

Mandrakes? I'm pretty sure their realm isn't the warp...

I dont think warp based origins can be considered daemon hood. What about Enslavers? What about Dark Eldar? Or even more specifically the decapitator of his lesser bretheren.

Actually, the whole webway is inside the warp and mandrakes are fairly well suffused with its energy.....

Actually, the whole webway is inside the warp and mandrakes are fairly well suffused with its energy.....

Tss tsss tsssssssssssssssssssssssss

The webway isnt within the warp its in the realm between realspace and warp space. Just like Commoragh.

Tss tsss tsssssssssssssssssssssssss

The webway isnt within the warp its in the realm between realspace and warp space. Just like Commoragh.

.... yes, it is. And Commoragh is in the webway.

Ive got my 2nd ed, 3rd ed, and 4rth ed eldar books right here- would you like page numbers from each of them?

Enslavers are Warp beasts last I checked of some variety. (Warp Beasts from the DE book is another good example XD) They are most definitely material in some shape or manner though and can exist in our universe as well. They are supposed to be one of the bigger threats to all the races cause they enslave stuff with tentacles or something.

"Some claim the Mandrakes descent from Eldar who engaged in Heinous union with unholy entities when their empire was at its most decadent" pg 33

Sounds like a half daemon to me (not that that makes any sense B) ) But the point is that it is a very argueable thing. So instead we should focus on things we can define in a precise and neat way. As well the webway is quite clearly linked in between the warp and real space which is part of what makes it so dangerous when not maintained.

No Mandrakes arent Daemons.

But Clawed Fiends and Khimereas are noted to be from the Empyrean, wich to my knowledge is just a fancy word for the warp

Indeed but are all the creatures of the warp daemons? Ruleswise I don't think they are... fluff wise who knows...

However you are right that the Webway isn't in the Warp... if North Korea is the Warp and South Korea is the Material realm... then the Webway is int DMZ.... Ok technically the DMZ is in both but basically it is a no mans land that keeps the two apart.

I find both interpretations unsatisfactory. Even though I play Chaos Space Marines and I will take whatever leg up I can get, it would be pure, adulterated idiocy for the rules to not reflect the daemonic nature of Daemon Princes and Defilers. I also do not like the idea of players being given free reign to apply fluff directly to a rules situation, as it opens the door for slippery-slope rules interpretation. I scornfully await arguments that Orks are nascent psykers ("Hahah, preferred enemy!" :devil: ) and the Emperor is a chained Warp God so Sisters of Battle manifest daemonic powers with Acts of Faith ("Hahahah, you too, my pretties!" :) ).

I will be forcing a roll-off until the FAQ is released. Again. :devil:

Archived